Looking for a Quality 300-500 tank in UK - Who Makes 'em?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JPMcQueen

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations here. I'm after a 300-500 litre cold water tank with good build quality but I'm actually struggling to find one. I want one that has the scope for an external canister filter built in either via holes in the base or service columns etc and rectangular in shape (no bow fronts or corners).

I like the eheim Incipiria 330 and 430 (new style) but cant find anyone selling them in the UK, only the old style.

Fuval Roma maxes out at 240 litre

Juwel go up the right size but I've had one of their tanks before and not totally impressed with their quality.

Any other options?

You could always try a custom built tank. My 180 litre was made by ND Aquatics - I wanted an unusual size which I couldn't buy off the shelf.

Thanks, I might drop them a message. Are you happy with yours? Is lighting included in the hood is that an extra cost?

It's a few years since I bought my tank, and I am still very happy with it.
When I got mine, the prices were tank only or tank & cabinet. The tanks all came with cover glasses. There was a choice of open topped (which meant just cover glasses and a trim round the top to match the cabinet if you bought one) or with a lid. The lights, filter and heater were all extra because they supplied only one brand of each so you might have wanted something different. I notice from their current website that they can supply fluorescent or LED lighting, rather than just fluorescent when I got my tank.

The prices on their website were for standard sizes only so I emailed them with the dimensions I wanted and they sent me a quote.

The only downside is the cost of delivery the further you are away from Hertford.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back