Looking For A Fish Or Some Creature

Would it kill people to learn the latin names? They are much more accurate and eliminate confusion. :look:
I, myself, prefer to learn the scientific names :p

If there were such a thing as a latin name I would learn it, but since many fish have greek and other languages in them, it would be silly only learning the names of things in latin. ;)

Not to mention the problems with the misapplication of scientific names (especially prevalent in invertebrates - many of which can only be identified to a species level by dissolution in acid and looking at the remains) whereby the wrong scientific name becomes just another common name.

Well I'm a computer geek and there is enough and acronymes and whatnot in my field, that I feel no need to learn those names. I can just use google to figure it out if I really need to. Talking about SAT I have to take my GMAT.....makes me want to vomit.

On a good note, my fish came in today :)

the diamond goby is doing it's job he has already done about 5 inch square so far. Took a little while for him to come out and not be so shy....awesome :)

The diamond back goby definitly does the job. He has been building a temple around one of my rock. Taking sand from all over the tank and dumping it at the base of the rock. He also eats pellets and frozen brine shrimp.

Great sand sifter...no more algea on my sand :good:

Most reactions

Back