Look what i found

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

StrontiumDog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well I was totaly gobsmacked when I came home from work today, I only got my Dwarf Neons on Sunday. Look at what I found. :hyper:

The water is 12" deep to, so much for lowering the water level ????

Attachments

• BubblenestGourami.JPG
    BubblenestGourami.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 99
Very cool bubblenest!! Did they actually spawn or just build the nest?

And Roll is right, the depth isn't to induce a nest to be built, but to help the job of tending the eggs and fry to be easier (less distance up and down to keep going). But if you think about it, in the wild they usually spawn in waters much deeper than our tanks, so we're probably just babying our fish too much and they would be fine in deeper tanks. But it makes us feel better, haha.

Linda

shrks1fan

Well since i've had them only 4 days i'm not going to get to excited. Its going to take them a couple of times before they get it right. Even saying that I have got the wrong filter running, i wasnt expecting this to happen so quick.

To bo honest i wasnt expecting anything to happen. :eek:

Fish keeping who'd do it lol :D :no:

An updated if anyone is intrested tonight they are finaly breeding :D

I have seen them try before but just now they embraced a lot longer than normal and I belive three eggs dropped them caught two of them.

Question? Do i leave the lights on all night.

help here pretty quick will be very much appreciated :S

Edit: another question: do i still feed them while spawning?

I think my fish must be all nuns or monks they never do anything :no:

Unless they wait till I'm in bed -_-

Good luck with them all Dog. :thumbs:

thanks cat its only my 2nd time doing this. the first time was ten years ago I knew nothing then and know nothing now. This wasnt planned but if it hits off ill be well chuffed :D

Just an updated : I took the female out late last night because she kept eating the eggs the male couldn't catch,( I left the lights on ) woke up at 4am to see the nest breaking up and the male eating the eggs :(

never mind maybe next time

That is the sign of a VERY healthy betta! What tank size and what Fluval model is that?

Itty Bitty Betta:

They are Dwarf Neon Gouramies, and its an old fluval 2. Tank is a 24"x12"x15"

That is the sign of a VERY healthy betta!

where, whats the sign that i'm missing?

Most reactions

Back