Lol

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I had 3 new betta arrivals yesterday and I had them acclimating in their little bags in the tank waiting to go into their respective tanks.

Mum passed by and I showed her, she said oh they're lovely but isn't it a little small in [the bags] for them. Bless her, she thought that was where they were going to live :rolleyes:
 
I had 3 new betta arrivals yesterday and I had them acclimating in their little bags in the tank waiting to go into their respective tanks.

Mum passed by and I showed her, she said oh they're lovely but isn't it a little small in [the bags] for them. Bless her, she thought that was where they were going to live :rolleyes:

Lol, well the bags would be better then most of the pots they live in :shifty: maybe you should give your mum a lecture on fish :P
 
hahaha :P

i know. some people know nothing.

like yesterday in my lfs:
"Yes, get that goldfish today, wait a week and then you can come back for the MBU puffer. How big is your tank again?"
"10 gallons"
"Plenty of room!"

.......... :crazy:
 
hahaha :P

i know. some people know nothing.

like yesterday in my lfs:
"Yes, get that goldfish today, wait a week and then you can come back for the MBU puffer. How big is your tank again?"
"10 gallons"
"Plenty of room!"

.......... :crazy:

lol another LFS on the "dont visit" list.
 
I dont find people who just dont know particularly amusing really, I see them as a good opportunity to educate :good:

Maybe I'm a busybody! But both as the seller and buyer in fish shops I've earwigged on people and given them the right information and wihout fail they appreciate it given correctly.

Maybe if wasnt meant to sound like you thought your mum was funny because she didnt know but I think some other people here went straight down that line.
Dont give your mum a lecture, but you could test the water to see if there's an interest there :)
 
I dont find people who just dont know particularly amusing really, I see them as a good opportunity to educate :good:

Maybe I'm a busybody! But both as the seller and buyer in fish shops I've earwigged on people and given them the right information and wihout fail they appreciate it given correctly.

Maybe if wasnt meant to sound like you thought your mum was funny because she didnt know but I think some other people here went straight down that line.
Dont give your mum a lecture, but you could test the water to see if there's an interest there :)

Hell no, my mum takes no interest in fish, sure she thinks they are pretty but she is a cat person lol. I just thought it was cute that she figured I would keep my bettas in a fish bag, not hilarious, just cute.
 
What you gotto think of that in the 'fish' hobbie, there are too many people who think they know it all and they acctually don't. I have been told wrong information from alot of people but I would definatly say I am no know it all. I know nothing compared to some people. There is too many 'sources' to get information from and it is hard who to trust and who not to trust.

Do not put your face down in dispence to people who 'do not' know anything. Laugh it, and then educate these people like me. It is not nice not knowing something and then been laughed at all the way because you said something stupid. Not a nice feeling I tell you.

Good paragraph though, I laughed.
 
What you gotto think of that in the 'fish' hobbie, there are too many people who think they know it all and they acctually don't. I have been told wrong information from alot of people but I would definatly say I am no know it all. I know nothing compared to some people. There is too many 'sources' to get information from and it is hard who to trust and who not to trust.

Do not put your face down in dispence to people who 'do not' know anything. Laugh it, and then educate these people like me. It is not nice not knowing something and then been laughed at all the way because you said something stupid. Not a nice feeling I tell you.

Good paragraph though, I laughed.

I think that really only applies to people who want to keep fish, that would take offense in any way. If my mum had a cat in a carrier and I thought it was kept in there all the time, she would think that is cute.

Lighten up people B-)
 
are some of us not taking this a little bit too seriously? Mel simply told an amusing story, one we can all relate to. and i cant help feeling her mum would find it found it funny too, if Mel told her, her error. lol fish-keeping is still a black art to many of us who do keep them, i can only imagine how odd some of the things we do, look to those who have no idea what we are up to. as for not relating, amusing, stories where people make, what are to us, stupid mistakes or comments. i can't agree with that. i spent many years training and teaching sales and photographic technique, one of the best ways to make a point, was to tell a silly/amusing story to illustrate it.
 
lol - I have a very similar story. My LFS has this enormous red devil on display. Well I went in there one day and the filter was totally shot, and they'd pulled the whole tank apart. The fish was in a 2ft tank and some guy walked in and totally upended himself about how cruel it was keeping a huge fish in a little tank. The proprietor was busy trying to fix Pinkie's tank so I explained the situation and he totally cracked up... it was so funny.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top