Locusts, Wax Worms, Crickets And Mealworms

fry_lover

Fred and the Fredettes
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a load today and chucking them in my 10" plastic tank with foods for a week or so, fatten them up before giving them to fish

If they were all together do you think either of these will predate on any of the others.

The lucosts will be the biggest i am wondering if they will eat the smaller crickets?

If anything out of those 4 is likely to predate i will leave them out of the equation, cheers

Frankly there's no need to put them in together, they're fine in the containers you buy them in if it's only for a week. Personally I wouldn't bother with crickets or locusts, there's not a great deal of nutrition with them and fish can be quite picky about eating them. Mealworms are quite good, they eat anything (I usually use normal fish pellets) and end up at all different levels of the tank. Plus they wriggle. Waxworms are fairly similar to mealworms in terms of use as food, but they are more fatty.

yeh fair enough thanks for the advice.

I was wondering whether to go down the "gut loading" system with crickets, will read up on the Reptile forums, thanks for feedback

Most reactions

Back