Loch Water !

beany_bot

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Loch Lomond, Scotland.
I used Loch water (loch lomond, Scotland) to fill my tank rather than tap and I reccomend it to anyone!!!!
Fast rapid cycling (if any needed atall) and allready came with some small invertibrates for the fish to eat!

is this all good or is there maybe a bad side to doing this? (obviously i picked CLEAN and CLEAR loch water, not just water from a polluted stream)
 
Aren't lochs connected to the ocean?

Anyway, I don't know how good it is for the fish, since lochs are closed areas, where boats, etc, are driving around in them. I wouldn't risk it, as I wouldn't really risk any water that is from outside, as it could contain different pollution products, such as chemicals. Just because it looks clear and clean, doesn't mean it is.

EDIT: Wikipedia has let me know that this is a freshwater loch. :)
 
i see what you mean, but there must be good and bad apects? they seem to be enjoying it nicely so far. i mean the loch is full of fish, maybe hardier perch and pike but ah well its done now ill keep you posted.
 
The only thing i would be worried about is any pollution that may occur or diseases, Etc. will go straight into your tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top