Lobster help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kelp23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Lobster Help!

I've woken up this morning to a tank of scattered lobster body parts and a lobster with one arm. One has moulted so I don't know if it's possible that his choose has detached during this process or if the other lobster has gone for him while he was moulting. Are they ok with one arm? Should I move him into a tank by himself so he can recover? Thanks

Blue crayfish are known for being territorial, so it's usually recommended to only house one in a tank unless it is a large tank with plenty of places to hide. Fighting is something that will happen when you keep them together, and injuries and/or death are not uncommon.

They can live just fine with only one claw. It should take a few molts to regrow it fully. Though this individual will be at a disadvantage if they get into a fight.

Blue crayfish are known for being territorial, so it's usually recommended to only house one in a tank unless it is a large tank with plenty of places to hide. Fighting is something that will happen when you keep them together, and injuries and/or death are not uncommon.

They can live just fine with only one claw. It should take a few molts to regrow it fully. Though this individual will be at a disadvantage if they get into a fight.
There are plenty of caves and hiding places. I haven't seen him all day since he got fed so he's obviously sulking somewhere. I've never seen them right and they actually go out of their way to avoid each other so I think it's a moult gone wrong. I'll keep my eye on them both though. Thankyou

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back