Llj's Kitten Thread, The Rosebush One.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

It's been a while since I updated this thread. Some of you know that after a lot of grief, we had to give away poor Lucy. She was just not the same after the 4th of July. She found a wonderful home, however, and is much happier for it. The other kittens, except for Sonny, are still with me, and it'll probably stay that way. I'd love to adopt out Belle, but as the kittens get older, it is more difficult.

They are doing extremely well. Here is Max and his favorite sparring partner, Cici. Cici is all show, they took a nap together afterwards. :rolleyes: Max is a lean boy, very slender. He has a very wise face and looks much older than he is. We hope he'll keep the tabby stripes, but you never know, his father was purely grey. A sweetie pie, he enjoys being held and petted. His full name is Marcus Aurelius Xavier, though the final name isn't Roman, but Persian. We just call him Max.

RigolettoandKittens021.jpg

RigolettoandKittens020.jpg

RigolettoandKittens018.jpg

Another picture of Cici sleeping with Belle, the fugly one. She's the smallest, and the most reclusive. Our home is a bit boisterous for her and in many ways, she is a lot like Lucy. But she is adjusting better because of her brothers and sisters, and doesn't have Lucy's issues. At least she can sleep with Cici, and if you can do that, you've got a good shot of doing well in our house. :lol:

RigolettoandKittens035.jpg

Here is Buckwheat, though as he grows, the less I like the name. I'd like to give him a name like Max's, but retain the Acronym BUC, so we can call him Bucky for fun. Brutus Ursinus Crassus would be kind of cool. Means brutish/not bright, bear-like, and fat/big, which pretty much sums him up! He was the runt of the litter with the pretty severe eye infection. I had to drain his eye 3-4 times a day for the first week and a half and I really thought he was going to go blind in one eye. A little TLC, however, changed things. He is now the largest of the litter, over 3lbs, and at only slightly over 3 months, that is a hefty boy! For comparison, Lily, was 3lbs at 6 months. His paws are already the same size as Lily's, who is now 7 years old. He isn't fat, just huge. A big boy with a big heart. This one is the follower and loves to be cuddled.

IMG_3659Buckwheat.jpg

And finally, we have Cleo. She is still a sweetie pie and cute as a button. Boy, does she have gas, though. I can't believe something so small can make something so stinky! :sick: Vet says she's fine, she just has gas.

IMG_3425.jpg

RigolettoandKittens064.jpg

Well, thanks for looking.

llj :)

just name the cat Bucky :p no need to be fancy

cute kittens; if i were still in Alabama, i would totally try to take one off your hands :wub:

awww what cuties, nice to see how they're getting on.

1st pic of Cleo gets a POTM from me :good:

Ahhhh wow how they've grown - and so super cute and gorgeous :wub:

I second that POTM nomination for Cleo (with her paw over her head) :good:

1st pic of Cleo gets a POTM from me :good:

I second that POTM nomination for Cleo (with her paw over her head) :good:

:lol: Cleo is quite popular isn't she? Not too shabby for a moggie. :lol: I'll rember to post the link in August. Thanks for the nods. :good: My family and I think she's cute too. She's got that little round face, big eyes, and very loose skin, so she's not fat, but kind of squishy. Her fur is dense too, so you just wanna squeeze her. She seems to adore this, though.

llj

That's adorable. They look so big. I'm giving mine up to the shelter again tomorrow! They're 12 weeks old, too. And monsters...

dsc029531ep8.jpg

dsc029591yk3.jpg

That's adorable. They look so big. I'm giving mine up to the shelter again tomorrow! They're 12 weeks old, too. And monsters...

dsc029531ep8.jpg

dsc029591yk3.jpg

Awww, they are so cute K.J. Mine are little rascals too. They absolutely adore my open-top tank, which is not so great. I nominate the second picture, the little tortie for POTM. She's too cute!

llj

Lovely to see pics of them again llj i am still completely in ove with Max he is just so cute as they all are

Well, some good news. Today, Cleo was adopted out. I'm surprised too, they'll turn 5 months in the end of September. I did originally plan to keep her and Max, the grey one, they were the prettiest of the litter. But sometimes pretty isn't always best. Ugly triumphs and boy was Buckwheat ugly when I first got him, the sickest and smallest of the kittens when I found them at 8 days old. But in the past few months, Buckwheat has proven to be the sweetest, the gentlest, and the most loyal. A gentle giant at a whopping 7.1lbs and less than 5 months old! He is going to be a big, big boy, and he isn't fat. A mama's boy. Cries all the time when I'm not there. Sometimes, I wonder if he isn't a dog? He is being neutered today. No more testicles for him. :p

The other ones are sweet and affectionate too, but not at the same level, and finances are tight, so I made the decision to keep only Buckwheat. Now, I just need to find homes for Belle and Max, who are equally sweet, don't mind dogs, and have all their shots, so they just need the fixing. Where do you think I should try posting for those two? We're trying the Humane Society next week, but perhaps I can make things easier for myself. I'll also try CatNetwork again, as they really don't have to do anything except fix them, but they make you jump over a lot of hoops (joining, membership fees, a lot of red tape), and raising kittens is something I never plan on doing again, so I don't see going through all of that for just two kittens, who are basically ready to go to homes.

What do you think?

llj :)

I think you made the right decision for yourself :) congrats!

you could try www.kijiji.com to post them there! I know a lot of people go on there

Good luck!

I think you made the right decision for yourself :) congrats!

you could try www.kijiji.com to post them there! I know a lot of people go on there

Good luck!

Thanks for the website. I just posted there, so hopefully, I'll get a result. Buckwheat went through his neuter fine. As if nothing ever happened. I don't know, I think I'd know if I were missing some equipment, especially if I were a guy, but Buckwheat isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. :rolleyes:

But sometimes those are the best pets to have. Zack our puppy is pretty dopey compared to his sister Maddie, but he is just so loveable and squishable and he doesn't mind :)

I really hope you get some good replies from kijiji :D

I got a kitten from the Vet for my Mom about 2 years ago and she looked just like Cleo. She also has some smelly gas :blink:

This is a great thread and its awesome how you raised these kittens and are giving them new homes. I like the way Belle looks. Good luck with the other kittens :good:

I got a kitten from the Vet for my Mom about 2 years ago and she looked just like Cleo. She also has some smelly gas :blink:

This is a great thread and its awesome how you raised these kittens and are giving them new homes. I like the way Belle looks. Good luck with the other kittens :good:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Barracuda. I do have some excellent news. My neighbor adopted Max last week, now renamed Sam, her parents adopted Belle, so they are now all adopted!

Both were neutered and are recovering nicely in their new homes. So now I'm down to just two cats, Lily (my old cat) and Buckwheat, and two dogs. Soooooooo much better.

It was great raising them, 'cause I think that Buckwheat's a fantastic pet for it, but I don't think I'll ever do that again.

llj

Most reactions

Back