Live sand

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gwand

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Does anyone know if CaribSea Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Aquarium Sand is smooth enough for Pygmy Corys? It’s coral sand. Thanks

No, this is marine sand. You want an inert river sand. The minerals will raise GH/KH/pH. Coral is calcareous.

CaribSea Super Natural Sunset Gold is the most natural looking I've seen and that would do the trick.

No, this is marine sand. You want an inert river sand. The minerals will raise GH/KH/pH. Coral is calcareous.
Are you the same Bryon I stumbled across in a 2009 post in another forum while researching the use of sodium? Think that one said from Vancouver. Brilliant post, included references.

Does anyone know if CaribSea Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Aquarium Sand is smooth enough for Pygmy Corys? It’s coral sand. Thanks
I had an awful experience with the FW CaribSea sand. Chewy gave me a full refund & told me to discard it. I liked the color, a gold caramel shade. It never washed clean. Instructions said to remove fish & allow it to settle & vacuuming was unnecessary. Sublime BS
From now on, I’m mixing Black Diamond blasting sand with white pool sand to get the density I like with an OK color.

Are you the same Bryon I stumbled across in a 2009 post in another forum while researching the use of sodium? Think that one said from Vancouver. Brilliant post, included references.

It is probably me. Thank you indeed for the kind words. The article is still online on our member AbbeysDad blog, and on Neale Monks Wet Web Media.

Yep, that’s it! But I found it somewhere else.

Yep, that’s it! But I found it somewhere else.

Yes, on a forum on which I used to be active and for which I authored some 200 species profiles and articles. I left there when the new owner arrived and have never been back. I never link to those articles because (a) it is a forum and we don't allow links to other forums, and (b) I've no control over the articles so they may get changed without my consent or knowledge.

You have just reason for concern, Byron. I added a post note that said: If you found this article useful, donate $5 & a link to my Go Fund Me account. The article was outstanding and my fish need new tanks. Thank you very much.

On a more serious note, who owns the copyright to posts, say in this forum, or others? Does anyone?

I always thought that both the forum and the person who made the post held copyright. We need an admin to tell us @dascrow ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back