Fishkeeper2004
Fish Addict
Ok, small plant problem. In my past aquariums, I have never managed to keep plants alive, let alone grow them. However, ever since setting up my new Fluval 180L aquarium, my live plants have been growing everywhere. I am using a substrate of kiln-dried sand.
The thing is, I put them in the back left to grow a little before re-arranging them around the tank, but now they are even starting to grow COMPLETELY NEW plants in the centre of my aquarium. Its not just a little far apart, we are talking 2 feet away from where they are currently planted.
I am happy they are growing so well, but I would really appreciate any help on how to stop growth everywhere, and limit it to just the area where the original plant was rooted. I know I may seem lazy, and many people would just pull up or move any new growths, but I am trying to see if there is any other way to stop this problem recurring every 3-4 days?
The thing is, I put them in the back left to grow a little before re-arranging them around the tank, but now they are even starting to grow COMPLETELY NEW plants in the centre of my aquarium. Its not just a little far apart, we are talking 2 feet away from where they are currently planted.
I am happy they are growing so well, but I would really appreciate any help on how to stop growth everywhere, and limit it to just the area where the original plant was rooted. I know I may seem lazy, and many people would just pull up or move any new growths, but I am trying to see if there is any other way to stop this problem recurring every 3-4 days?
What you could do is let the excess plants grow on a little, then offer them to members on here !?!
Oh sorry, didn't realise that.. You should fill in you profile, so members know where you are located and what species you keep etc..
i'll do that now!






