Little White Particles In Water

Tim13

New Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hi, my tank is about 5 weeks old now and just recently the water has become cloudy and because there are thousands of little white particles in the water. What is this and how can I clean it up? My tank was clear since the beginning for the most part until fairly recently.

Thanks,
Tim
 
probably just debris or a bacterial bloom. both are harmless to the tank, fish and plants, even though they are unsightly.

buy some filter wool to remove fine particles, andefficient filtration will clear either (bacteria or particles) in about a week. the wool will need replacing now and again to keep it effective
 
Ok, Thanks. I think it will eventually settle(at least I hope so). I was reading through some other threads and people were talking about worms but I don't think this is the case in my tank. When I did a water change the side of the tank where the water was removed was slimy.
 
Is it like dust or little worms?

Worms could be planaria (harmless)

Dust could be... dust? also harmless.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top