Little swimming things in the puddle out side..

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Sye

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
There are loads of little swimming things(only about 1mm in length) in the puddle outside, could the be used as fish food, all my fish are livebearers or would they pollute my tank?

I won't give it a try coz u don't know if those swimming things will carry disease or parasites..

I once found a load of mosquito larve in an old bucket. I gave them a wash in clean water and fed them to my fish. They had no ill effects. BUT this doesnt mean you should do it as well :)

i feed things like that to my fish they eat them. yes they could carry disease not lilkely parasites. the parasites are more likely to be free floating if they are in the puddle. they willl noramlly not cross speicies barriers when the speaicies are different sizes. disease on the other had shure they could carry some but then so could air or more water i figure they take the same risk in the wild. have you ever eaten an apple off a tree?

Hi Sye

As it is a puddle, they will be fine. The only time you have to worry, is if the water contains fish. If there are no fish in the water then there will be no transferable disease or parasites.

What i do is swirl the water round and round and the dead ones + crap collects in the middle. They use the fish net to catch the swimming ones :)

edit: Bloody spelligns :angry:

what do the little swimming things look like? i was visiting my dad a couple of weeks ago, and he had a muddy puddle in his front yard....FULL of tadpoles. they're so fun to watch. anywho... i scooped up a few and brought them home to feed to my turtle.

ang7880 said:
what do the little swimming things look like? i was visiting my dad a couple of weeks ago, and he had a muddy puddle in his front yard....FULL of tadpoles. they're so fun to watch. anywho... i scooped up a few and brought them home to feed to my turtle.
yea i caught tadpoles before but i never new turtles eat them or else i would jave fed it to my lil turt :hyper:

Kevin

ang7880 what do the little swimming things look like?

0==/;;;;;;;;;;::> oh wait thats a sword

:}~:~{: Like this :p and they bend back and forth to swim

Most reactions

Back