Little River Rio

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Stunning dont know how I've missed this journal!

The crypts are awesome in here! What fertilisers do you use? And do you know your lights wattage?

Wills
Thanks wills

Lights are standard t5's (45w) and i just use root tabs to feed with a little amount of seachem flourish

P.s you probably missed it because this was just a thread on top dwellers to start with but i asked to move it to journals today so i could update it better.

This is why i love doing journals
20211005_190434.jpg
20211006_201131.jpg
20211010_201617.jpg
20211119_180713.jpg

You get to look back at different stages of a tanks journey and really see how far your fish and plants have progressed.

Live plants are so important to a tanks health but also i think these images just show how important live plants really are in bringing a tank alive.

Had the dreaded duckweed appear from some hygrophila i added a while back which inturn caused melt back on my foreground crypts. So ive saved what i could and added some new crypts to the foreground and some vallis on the left to help hide the sponge filter.
20211205_192835.jpg
20211126_174923.jpg
20220111_195106.jpg
20220111_194619.jpg
Probably a few weeks away from being where it was before melt back but its back on track. Ive planted a Tiger lotus in the centre so in a few weeks the middle of the tank should start filling out red:)

Had the dreaded duckweed appear from some hygrophila i added a while back which inturn caused melt back on my foreground crypts. So ive saved what i could and added some new crypts to the foreground and some vallis on the left to help hide the sponge filter.View attachment 152178View attachment 152183View attachment 152193View attachment 152191Probably a few weeks away from being where it was before melt back but its back on track. Ive planted a Tiger lotus in the centre so in a few weeks the middle of the tank should start filling out red:)
i mean, it still looks fantastic so i guess it wasn't that bad was it?

i mean, it still looks fantastic so i guess it wasn't that bad was it?
Luckily it only affected the crypts at the front. The swords and other stem plants are still going strong. Its not taken too long to get things back on track tho tbf

I wanted more crypt willisii and Nevellii to go back in but my supplier was out of stock. So ive just put some lutea and lucens in for now.

Looking great excited to see the lotus come through I want to get some in my tank - have you ever tried banana plants?

Wills

Actually Pearl Gouramis are beautiful.
There was once I was visiting one of our country river themes wildlife park.

In one of their large aquariums, there were about 40-50(or more) big Pearl Gouramis at stand still position.
It was awesome to see such a big group of them in shining pearl colours.
They are beautiful!

Actually Pearl Gouramis are beautiful.
There was once I was visiting one of our country river themes wildlife park.

In one of their large aquariums, there were about 40-50(or more) big Pearl Gouramis at stand still position.
It was awesome to see such a big group of them in shining pearl colours.
They are beautiful!
That sounds awesome. I enjoy watching my group of six, so 50 or more must of been a sight to behold.

They are stunning fish

Lovely tank. Really like the bog wood and the planting looks great. What are the floating plants?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back