Liquid Fertilizer

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

corylover5

Fish Herder
2x Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
What kind of liquid fertilizer should I get for my 29 gallon tank? There are so many brands and types that it's a little overwhelming. I need one that won't hurt snails or scaleless fish. Thanks in advance! I already use Seachem root tabs for my root feeders.

I use thriveC for my liquid ferts. It’s a great all in one fert and almost all of my plants have thriving!

I looked at both of these products online and both have reviews saying it killed fish or snails or plants. Has this ever happened to either one of you when you used these products?

I use half dose seachem flourish and have a nerite. Perhaps those reviewers used too much?

I also use Seachem Flourish comprehensive and I have shrimps and snails. I have mainly slow growing plants so I use less than they say, and only once a week.
Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Supplement for the Planted Aquarium contains just about all the trace elements needed by plants, but it doesn't contain the macro elements. In a low tech tank (no added CO2) the fish and fish food will provide enough macro elements (the NPK you hear gardeners talk about)

As you are in the US, another highly recommended one which also contains nearly all the trace elements is Brightwell FlorinMulti.

Seachem makes several types of Flourish and Brightwell makes several types of Florin, so make sure you look at the right ones.

Might I suggest Aquarium Co-op's Easy Green? I don't have shrimp or snails but I've never lost any fish using it. I test my Nitrates every few days and dose as needed to keep around 20-40ppm. It's really only good for stem plants as they mostly feed from the water column. Your root loving plants should get a good root tab which I use the flourish off of amazon.

I looked at both of these products online and both have reviews saying it killed fish or snails or plants. Has this ever happened to either one of you when you used these products?
Sorry for the late reply. I’ve never had a fish die because of thriveC. I’m also managing to grow some plants that were previously dying before using this fert.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for all the replies! I looked into every product mentioned and I'm going to go with Seachem flourish Comprehensive. Is this the correct product? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00025696M/?tag=ff0d01-20
Yes, that's the one.

I bought that not long ago just haven't used it yet. I also got the Advance and the Excel Amazon suggest you buy.
I would throw the Excel away. it's main ingredient is glutaraldehyde which has many other uses - sterilising surgical equpiment, embalming fluid etc. It has no place in a fish tank. Even a slight overdose can kill fish and plants.
Advance is not necessary but it shouldn't do any harm, unlike Excel.

Thanks for all the replies! I looked into every product mentioned and I'm going to go with Seachem flourish Comprehensive. Is this the correct product? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00025696M/?tag=ff0d01-20

Yes. A small bottle will last you months, and it can deteriorate over time, which is why they recommend it be refrigerated after opening (I do this, it does prolong its effectiveness).

Leaf Zone contains only iron and potassium, it doesn't contain most of the trace minerals that plants need.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back