Limestone

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAH

good luck digging it up!!!

the chance of finding a real holey piece is extremely rare. your better off going to a landscaping place where they sell it cheap.
Just so you know it's not real hard, last time I was there my grandmother wanted some for her fish tank, an hour or two in a river I think near Hunt and I came back with 2 pieces. If you go to the right places it can be easy to find and not hard to get.
Had to edit my words lol.

<~~born & raised there, I know the terrain, I know the rock, I know the rivers...

JUST so you know, I know what I'm talking about.

What ever my only question was if it would be okay to put in with cichlids and I got that. I'm not fighting with you about because I know what I'm talking about, and I'm sure you do to.

go for it Josiah.

i use limestone and my fish love it!

oh and to mamafish.

you dont NEED holes in your rocks for it to look good and keep your fish happy.

heres my tank with limestone rocks.

P4180071.jpg

P1010065.jpg

Sam, please go back to any of my posts and let me know where I stated he had to have holes...you can't because it's not there.

Limestone comes in MANY forms, slabs, tumbled pieces, small holed pieces and huge holes. The museum pieces that most aspire to have are extremely hard to find, this is simply what I was meaning, I appologize Josiah for not making that clear in the beginning. I assumed you'd know and well you know assumptions ... :blush: .

Josiah, will you have a chance to venture out any? You never said how old you are so I dont know if you drive or not, if so I've got some amazing LFS to go and see, it's a day trip kinda thing, some in

Austin, San Antonio, Round Rock and if after all of your digging and nothing comes of it, I can direct you to places to buy it REAL REAL cheap. Never buy in a lfs unless it's a piece that will be your grand center piece. LFS want big bucks for them.

my "limestone" "honeycomb" "holey rock"=

7985ce61.jpg

ec0bf6ea.jpg

before the separation into other tanks, much less traffic now :D

I'm 15 but I have access to a 21 year old a learners and a car. My grand-parents live a little ways outside of Ingram, so there's plenty of rocks around.

HAHAH

good luck digging it up!!!

the chance of finding a real holey piece is extremely rare. your better off going to a landscaping place where they sell it cheap.
Just so you know it's not real hard, last time I was there my grandmother wanted some for her fish tank, an hour or two in a river I think near Hunt and I came back with 2 pieces. If you go to the right places it can be easy to find and not hard to get.
Had to edit my words lol.

Ofcourse its not hard at all but keep in mind . When a person does nothing but post in fish forums all day long she feels the need to comment on every post as thats her life . Its actually fairly easy finding it in Texas. I agree .

:p :p

you implied that he would need to get pieces with holes in thats all.

didnt mean my post as an attack on you. i was jus saying :)

Well said Chap. I wish most here would learn to ignore her as the other forum have .

go for it Josiah.

i use limestone and my fish love it!

oh and to mamafish.

you dont NEED holes in your rocks for it to look good and keep your fish happy.

heres my tank with limestone rocks.

P4180071.jpg

P1010065.jpg

Your tank looks magnificent . Looks like a display at a zoo or aquaruim display center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back