Lighting Help/question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GuppieMike

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
It seems like I have loads of problems. I bought a bugger tank as I desperately needed one (story in another post) so I bought it second hand.

When I bought it the man didn't tell me there was anything wrong with it. I got home the light didn't work so I've bought a new bulb and still doesn't work. I've changed the fuse again still doesn't work.

I'm now guessing that it must be something wrong with the place the bulb goes In the lid.

My question is, is there anything I can do to fix this?

hi yes, there are options. Firstly though what brand is it?

You can get generic lighting units that consist of a block with a starter in (similar to those white discs that go into strip lights) and wires that go to the end caps that the bulbs fit into. I was looking at them at Maidenhead Aquatics last week as that is how my Dad's tank is lit and he's having problems with it. They were priced at around the £50 mark

Some brands have their own replacement units - Juwel for instance have a spare parts department. Other big name brands will be the same. 

There plenty online if you do a google search ... here one I found in 2 seconds http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/fish-tank-equipment/aquarium-lighting/fluorescent-tube-control-units/all-products.html Seapets are a good company too. I've bought from them in the past and delivery is good and no quibble guarentee's too

Most reactions

trending

Back