Light Wont Work

AJG

Reaction score
My Fish r Fun aquarium light has recently died on me! I bought a new lamp (the correct FRF-555 model), yet it still doesn't work! I don't really know what else to do with it. I've taken it apart and checked all the connections and it seems fine to me. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? If there is a common fault I'm missing (I'm new to the aquarium game), then what else can I check or replace? Also, does anyone know of anywhere I could buy a spare light unit for the FRF-555 as I can't find anything on the internet (I can find replacement filter media, pumps, heaters, light bulbs, but nothing for the actual light unit)!

Help! :)

My Fish r Fun aquarium light has recently died on me! I bought a new lamp (the correct FRF-555 model), yet it still doesn't work! I don't really know what else to do with it. I've taken it apart and checked all the connections and it seems fine to me. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? If there is a common fault I'm missing (I'm new to the aquarium game), then what else can I check or replace? Also, does anyone know of anywhere I could buy a spare light unit for the FRF-555 as I can't find anything on the internet (I can find replacement filter media, pumps, heaters, light bulbs, but nothing for the actual light unit)!

Help! :)

Does it have an actual starter? Most flourescent lights have a starter unit that looks like a silver cylinder. I recently had an issue with my tank's light and after replacing the bulb realized it was actually the starter. I simply removed it, took it to the hardware store, and replaced it with the exact same kind.

It will look like this, but in reality you won't see the black connector end, probably just the silver part.

4732.jpg

-Darke

could even be the tubes had it. They dont last forever :(

Hiya, My Daughter has this tank.....we love it but yes it does cause problems when either the light of filter fails.

Ours light has failed us twice im sad to say this must be a design fault, I emailed the manufacturer that is in japan and they sent me a replacement hood with all the fittings as it seems a whole new hood is required to fix the problem but my tank was only 6 months old at the time, It failed again some months after that when I tried to replace the light it never came on so they did honour another one.........My light is not working at the moment and I have no option now but to buy a new hood from http://www.rocketaquatics.co.uk/product_in...products_id=900 here!! although I did start out with a silver hood this one does work with my decor :shifty: this will be my third

I found the info for the manufacturers on the box it came in though I dont have it any more, Im sure if you visited a store that supply these you could write the info down and try for a free replacement hood

Hope this helps

Tamara
xxxxxxx[/font]

Most reactions

Back