Light up your life!

Great Lakes

Always do right, not popular...
Reaction score
Hey all.
Ever wonder if there was a better light out there for colors?
I may have just the answer for you. I am going to contact a place I have purchased loghts from in the past. I am building a new hood for my 65gal and am going to have to order some for it. I used to get them in four foot lengths for my 90gal, but now I am going to try to see if I can get them in shorter lengths. I thought I might throw the idea out there. I know I have seen a tremendous difference in lights. These are called Radionic and make colors stand out like you wouldn't believe.
But I don't know how you all size your lights over there.
Oh, this wasn't meant to sound like a sales pitch. I'm just trying to promote the hobby.....

Sounds painfull :laugh:
K if you're not on commision have you got an addy for them so we can check them out? Me and Davy'll try and get a freebie or two ;)

Just checking the board out and noticed that magic word freebies whats going again. :D

Adeyc you try and I'll sit back and watch 8)

GL, We size our light in length, wattage and spectrum ;)
Usuall in foot and half foot lengths, the usual wattage and theres only a few diffrent spectrums. None to specilised. I'll need to wait till the fish huts up till I try more 8)

The story is this.
Wife and I bought our 90gal tank. The lights that come with it were fantastic! When it came time to replace, we couldn't find them anywhere. We finally found out from the lfs where we bought the tank that a local guy made the lighting fixtures.
So with a lot of research, we found the company in Chicago. They typically only sell wholesale, but were nice enough to fill a small order for us. But these were 48" bulbs. Now I have need of smaller ones. So I am going to contact them and see what sizes are available. If I have to buy like a case of them, I was thinking some of you folks might want to give them a try.
So most of you use F15T8? That is what the common size is here. I am going to build a couple of custom canopies, so I can be flexable.
And Adeyc, I'll see if they have a contact or a program for product promotion.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back