Light Reflectors For Fluval Roma 240

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i have a roma 240 and the current light reflectors are white. are there any silver reflectors that will fit this tank?

if not could i use kitchen foil....? :unsure:

thanks,

Matt

Im pretty sure you can use Juwel reflectors, you could on the 125 :good:

not like i know where to find em on the net, but try shops =]

Im pretty sure you can use Juwel reflectors, you could on the 125 :good:

not like i know where to find em on the net, but try shops =]
are these the ones that clip onto the tube? i wasnt sure if there was enough room for these but if they fit a 125 then i assume the lights and lids etc would be the same on a 125 as a 240......

all i did was line the lid of the hood with tinfoil, surprising how nuch difference it makes try that 1st you could well save yourself some money

all i did was line the lid of the hood with tinfoil, surprising how nuch difference it makes try that 1st you could well save yourself some money
yeah i did think about doing that....

if i remove the white strips that kind of reflect the light at the minute and cover them with foil would that work? how did you do it?

my tank isnt a fluval so i dont know how yours ia arranged but i bought a seperate light unit for min and the tubes sit on top of the condensation cover, so all i did was literally tape tinfoil to the underside of the hood shiny side out right from 1 end to the other

my tank isnt a fluval so i dont know how yours ia arranged but i bought a seperate light unit for min and the tubes sit on top of the condensation cover, so all i did was literally tape tinfoil to the underside of the hood shiny side out right from 1 end to the other
the fluval tanks have similar design hoods to juwel with 2 flaps front and back and the lights built in to the remaining beam in the middle. my tank has a white plastic strip that sits over the tubes to reflect some light but they would be better in a reflective material like foil i guess... they are very easy to remove so ill give it a go :good:

White materials reflect light better than mirrored materials, If the stock reflectors are round then I'm guessing that they're designed for T8 tubes (because they're a specific shape) If not, try and get a proper white T8 reflector, if you can't find the white ones, then the mirrored ones will have to do.

White materials reflect light better than mirrored materials, If the stock reflectors are round then I'm guessing that they're designed for T8 tubes (because they're a specific shape) If not, try and get a proper white T8 reflector, if you can't find the white ones, then the mirrored ones will have to do.
i would never have thought that white reflects more than mirrored.... every day is a school day!

the stock reflectors cover one side and the top of the light but not the other side. its almost like a quarter of a tube if you like..... does that make sense?

i used some white tape. i lined all the insides of the flaps and all around the tubes. it made a noticeable difference

i used some white tape. i lined all the insides of the flaps and all around the tubes. it made a noticeable difference
what tape did you use?

does it not peel off wit the condensation? tank is at 30C so i get quite a bit on the lids etc...

it was something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHITE-WATERPROOF-ADHESIVE-REPAIR-JOIN-TARPAULIN-TAPE_W0QQitemZ290311547303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item4397eaa9a7#ht_2518wt_939 (not exact one)

i had discus and it coped at 30oc with no problems

it was something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHITE-WATERPROOF-ADHESIVE-REPAIR-JOIN-TARPAULIN-TAPE_W0QQitemZ290311547303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item4397eaa9a7#ht_2518wt_939 (not exact one)

i had discus and it coped at 30oc with no problems
:good: thanks ill look into it

Most reactions

Back