Lets Get Cheap!

PRICE SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE THEY ARE LIVING LIVES U NO
:rolleyes:

Price is always an issue unless you are wealthy. (And in my life experience, some of the most wealthy people I ever knew were also some of the most frugal.)

As long as the item in question does its job, congrats to anyone who can figure out a way to get it done for less.
 
Don't forget about the floor loading with your new 5 ft tank. Your new tank and stand will look very funny laying in the basement. :lol:

Seriously after seeing the difference in a cheap aquarium stand (built very well) and a cheap set of drawers (couldn't hold a computer monitor without bending) I would not risk the mess of cleaning up that much water in your house to save a few $$.

I spilled a half gallon of water during a water change and my first though was omg I hope this tank never breaks.... and my tank is only 20 gallons.
 
I've gotten plenty of gear for zero dollars. Used 20's & 15's when a shop was moving, and reoutfitting the new place. 72 gallon bowfront with stand, lights, the whole deal, free. Nothing wrong with any of them.

I could go on with cheap deals, and home made gear that is cheap, but better than store bought or just plain unavailable. If you are going to pass up a NIB Eheim 2213 at an auction for $10 good for you, I won't.

Price does not always reflect value, and if you are handy you can build just as good if not better for cheaper.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top