Lemon Tetras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hives

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi there, just got 2 lemon tetras and 2 silver sharks today, cant find any info on the lemon tetras anywhere? any ideas? thanks

lemon tetras Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis, like all tetras, are a schooling fish and should be in groups of at least 5.

Silver sharks Balantiocheilus melanopterus will reach 18"
and again are a schooling fish that should be in a group of at least 5.

Why do you people never research you fish before buying them :S

i did research the silver shark and have been told by two diffrent people 2 off them would be fine in a 22g, there tiny now and will only grow to the size of my tank, i was more wanting info on the lemon tetras but thanks anyway, and 'the-wolf what makes you think i didnt research before getting the ballas! i was told theyd be fine by someone who owns around 60 tanks!

i did research the silver shark and have been told by two diffrent people 2 off them would be fine in a 22g, there tiny now and will only grow to the size of my tank, i was more wanting info on the lemon tetras but thanks anyway, and 'the-wolf what makes you think i didnt research before getting the ballas! i was told theyd be fine by someone who owns around 60 tanks!
I think it's always best to obtain more than one person's opinion (hence why we have forums)! A person who thinks that they are right will pass on information that may not always be good 60 tanks or not!

FINE IN A 22GAL??? They need big tanks , around 100+ Gal's, whoever said they're fine in a 22g is either;
walmart employee, rookie fish owner or a plain old retard.
Seriously don't buy fish if you wont research them. If you keep a silver shark until it grows big enough to rehome it that's ok but some fish DO grow to the size of the tank and some outgrow it, most of the time they outgrow it. You may not see it yet, but its hurting them underneath. They need more space

'the-wolf what makes you think i didnt research before getting the ballas!

Yeah, I wonder too... not....

i was told theyd be fine by someone who owns around 60 tanks

*thinks of the various people with more stuff than wisdom*

and have been told by two diffrent people 2 off them would be fine in a 22g

Umm, hang on... 2 people who probably want you to buy things vs. (so far) 4 people... Yeah, great ratio in favour of you being right... *thinks whether a poll would create enough public humiliation to knock some sense into him/her*

there tiny now and will only grow to the size of my tank

that is yet another myth.
try reserching stunted fish
and see what you come up with.

might take them back then, i do normally research my fish on here and other sites before i buy, but was assured and bought them on the spot (mybad), but hey ill just have to rehome them with someone else, found out about my lemon tetras anyway.. but thanks.

FINE IN A 22GAL??? They need big tanks , around 100+ Gal's, whoever said they're fine in a 22g is either;
walmart employee, rookie fish owner or a plain old retard.
Seriously don't buy fish if you wont research them. If you keep a silver shark until it grows big enough to rehome it that's ok but some fish DO grow to the size of the tank and some outgrow it, most of the time they outgrow it. You may not see it yet, but its hurting them underneath. They need more space

I think 100+ gallons is a little blown out of proportion as I've kept some in an 80 just fine but regardless of that fact I'm not going to dig into hives but just offer the advice that you may want to give the sharks away or plan on a larger tank in the near future as has been said throughout the topic. Good luck with whatever you do hives

Why do you people never research you fish before buying them :S
i'm pretty sure a certain wolf has done this on one or more occasion

:p

But i agree,upgrade or sell them.
In fish keeping(and this is for any fish keeper) the fish's needs should be met before yours.

DD

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back