Led Noise / Homeplugs

Hello,

Try one (or two) on the mains side (as close to the unit as possible/reasonable). Now test with your home plugs... If you are still getting problems then try with one on the LED side (again, as close to the unit as possible/reasonable).

You may be able to get some sort of indication of any change in RF noise/interference levels with the use of a portable radio.
Place it near to the LED driver, switch (both) on and tune up each frequency band.. You will probably hear the "hash" at several positions on (or even over most of) the dial...

Hope this helps.

Bodge99.

Thanks tried this still not working think I will need to find another driver

The noise is mostly coming from the unit it self. Using a ups to filter would help. You can try using the filter on the the wirerless router side also. Noise my be coming into the router through the house wiring. The only other option is to buy a new driver. I am assuming this didnt happen at first but just started. Also remember that any electrical wires running in parallel with network wiring will cause the same problem.

Thanks again, I need to find a better driver but the question is how to know ??

Can anyone recommend a new LED driver that would help with this? Otherwise i guess i could try the X10 plug??

If you try the X10 plug, but it online, make sure you test it immediately so you can return it in your statuatory 7 days for a refund :)
**buy it online. Using my phone :(

msebar said:
what voltage do you need 220?
Take a look at the pic i sent thats the driver i have at the moment, so i guess i would need the same input and output..

I was going to recommend one but they dont carry 240v.

The pic is a bit blury are you using a constant current?

What are the specs of your leds I see 8 at 3w but at what current 700ma?

Sorry for the late reply been away..
The details of the driver are

Input: AC 85 - 265 50/60 MHz
Output: DC 20 - 36v 600mA

Most reactions

Back