Leaving fry with adult guppies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 29 gallon tank with 8 adults guppies. One female gave birth and at 1st was thinking of moving the fry to own tank but I'm not planning on breeding guppies for retail... although lol I might have to find homes if they have their way. Well I have about 18 fry swimming around like they own the tank and the adults seem to leave them alone. Is this normal? Is it because I am feeding them well and theres plenty hiding places for the fry?

if the adults are well fed they usually leave their young alone the new born fry usually get eat within a couple of days

I moved all of f my tropical fish into a new tank once and moved my male goldfish into the existing tank. Two weeks later I found platy fry swimming in with the goldies. How they survived that fate I’ll never know!

Well it's been been another week. The fry are growing still. I see 9 that are not hiding. They dont stay still lol.Most are growing fast theres no way adults can eat them. The tank looks good. If I can get my camera to cooperate I take pictures. Its interesting seeing full grown fish swimming with fry that are a inch in size.

Ok I figured it out:)

Attachments

• 20190925_160510.jpg
    20190925_160510.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 152

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back