FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
My own line of lace topsword guppies...
IMG_1033.JPGIMG_1032.JPGIMG_1037.JPGIMG_1038.JPG

Beautiful. Always teasing us North Americans with your gorgeous and probably unobtainable fish :)
Well, thank you.
I do believe that similar strains are available in the US. But probably at private breeders' places. Through retail it's gonna be a burden to get your hands on them.

I'm remembering you said you lived here-ish for a time, Oakville perhaps? . I am on the other (east) side and north- is there a club you can recommend to enlarge my acquisition circle?

I'm remembering you said you lived here-ish for a time, Oakville perhaps? . I am on the other (east) side and north- is there a club you can recommend to enlarge my acquisition circle?
Yes, I did mention Oakville, Ont.
I don't know how it is right now overthere. Things may have changed over the years.

Well, thank you.
I do believe that similar strains are available in the US. But probably at private breeders' places. Through retail it's gonna be a burden to get your hands on them.
Good luck getting anything unusual or nice in the USA . As you say , a guy will have to find a private breeder . Anywho , those are nice . I like topswords .

I really should, huh...?
I really think you should. Actually, an ugliest fish competition would be great. Looking for the ugliest fish, that is so ugly it is compelling to watch.

Your fish are always top notch and you have such a large variety. You must put a number of hours in each day/week to do the papers, breed the fish, not to mention the general upkeep of the tanks.

I really think you should. Actually, an ugliest fish competition would be great. Looking for the ugliest fish, that is so ugly it is compelling to watch.
LOL! That's an idea...! We'll discuss it with the other staff members...
Your fish are always top notch and you have such a large variety. You must put a number of hours in each day/week to do the papers, breed the fish, not to mention the general upkeep of the tanks.
Well, I'm not 24/7 busy with those fish. My tanks are well balanced which makes maintenance easy. And it's all just routine for me. Still enough time for other things and a social life left.

Balanced tanks are key. A lot of people are too much influenced by young people that have started the hobby as well with all kinds of new technology and other socalled must do things that a tank will be out of balance quite quick. And then they start talking about the problems on forums> it could've been avoided by doing it all very basic. The more basic the hobby is, the less problems you'll get.
Nowadays youth till people of early 40's have grown up with more technical gadgets and further technology. It seems that they live by it. So, every single new thing on the market must be purchased and be promoted. While mostly, they're not needed to keep things fine. For aquurium keeping itself hasn't changed. Just all the things around it have changed. Nothing more. I've been raised with basic stuff. And let's be honest, nowadays you'll hear much more tank, fish and plant problems than in the old'n days.

Balanced tanks are key. A lot of people are too much influenced by young people that have started the hobby as well with all kinds of new technology and other socalled must do things that a tank will be out of balance quite quick. And then they start talking about the problems on forums> it could've been avoided by doing it all very basic. The more basic the hobby is, the less problems you'll get.
Nowadays youth till people of early 40's have grown up with more technical gadgets and further technology. It seems that they live by it. So, every single new thing on the market must be purchased and be promoted. While mostly, they're not needed to keep things fine. For aquarium keeping itself hasn't changed. Just all the things around it have changed. Nothing more. I've been raised with basic stuff. And let's be honest, nowadays you'll hear much more tank, fish and plant problems than in the old'n days.
Like it.. "Less is more"

Most reactions

Back