L_Plates - Fishless Cycle Log - Complete

Long craft knife blade, like a stanley knife but longer! :D Did it on my old tank too.

suitably vague
rolleyes.gif

Large water change to get level down, work at top ones then bottom ones? details man, hand it to me on a plate.
wink.gif

yeah, pretty much a common sense job with a sharp knife :) I have faith in you my child.

suitably vague
rolleyes.gif

Large water change to get level down, work at top ones then bottom ones? details man, hand it to me on a plate.
wink.gif

Don't make the mess of it I did :rolleyes:

Mine was secured with five blobs of silicone - 2 at the top, two at the bottom and one dead centre. My Stanley knife was too short and too blunt to do the job properly and I could only do the top two blobs and the outermost bottom one with it, and hacking away at the silicone meant it flaked all over the place. The blade was nowhere near long enough to get at the middle blob or the bottom corner one, so I ended up using the bread knife :blink:

Fortunately, the tank was brand new and empty at the time so I was able to vacuum out the silicone mess easily, but it was a highly annoying hour of my life.

Moral of the story: make sure you have a blade that is both long enough and sharp enough before you start, unlike me... :rolleyes:

Its been a while since i posted an update on this tank. Not to much has really happend to be honest. A few new plants added but that is about it.

I am not happy with the overall look of the tank and do plan on an overhaul in the new year, but i want to make sure i can look after the plants properly before doing so. So really all i have been doing lately is let the plants grow and trim away any dead leaves and so on.

The last tank shot was taken in August i think and it looked like this.

21-aug-2011.jpg

Now it looks like this.
noc2011.jpg

Cheers LP

i like comparison shots like this. i get to play 'spot the difference'. How many are there? i'll start circling.
rolleyes.gif

looks good though.major rethink next year?

Definitely, i am unsure on what style to go with though, Jungle or open ? I am in no rush to decide so i will make a decision when i get the gut feeling that now is the time.

LP

I've always liked this tank, and it's grown in really nicely.

The only thing that jars for me is the piece of wood on the right. It's too light and too blunt-cut to be in harmony with the piece on the left (which I really like).

I had a bit of a play in PS and borrowed some of the left wood to replace the right, and I like it better. You still have the large island/small island thing going on (which works aesthetically) but now they look more like they were once part of a bigger whole:

9532c6f4.jpg

Of course, if you're changing the whole thing, it's neither here not there :p Just a thought, really.

I do agree about the wood on the right, it is alot different than the wood on the left hense i an trying to grow plants in front :D

Maybe if i found wood similar to the 2 pieces on the left i could change it out and create a jumgle feel :)

LP

I do agree about the wood on the right, it is alot different than the wood on the left hense i an trying to grow plants in front :D

Maybe if i found wood similar to the 2 pieces on the left i could change it out and create a jumgle feel :)

LP

That's probably what I'd do... but then I love jungles, so I'm biased :D

Quick photo not the best quality but this is the view from my couch n the office :)

7mar12.jpg

LP

Very nice :good: just had a read through the whole thread and it's really interesting. I'm currently fish less cycling my new 120 litre, and trying to find things to keep me occupied while I wait haha! Got all of my plants and stock picked out, so a bit frustrated now haha!

Looking good LP, good to see you around again :)

Much happening on the Ram front?

Cheers Tizer.

The rams never spawned again and are now in them ain tank.

LP

aww :( bummer, I've got 3 males at the moment, 3 wild females coming tomorrow...not that i know where to put them all :|

Looking really healthy there, what size tank is this?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back