Kuhlis..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-cAtFiSh-

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have four kuhli loaches.
Even though I got them all from the same place at the same time I seem to have two Pangio kuhlii and two (what seems to be) Pangio cuneovirgata.
VERY RARELY do I see the latter while the Pangio kuhlii I see every day without fail.

Anyway, the Pangio kuhlii are always together, sifting through the sand and going about their business. Sometimes though, I have noticed, they go nuts and start twisting themselves around each other and what looks to be biting each other aswell. Then they stop and just sit next to each other for a bit..and then continue looking for food.

Out of curiousity, why do they do this?

parrently u cant breed kulies in captivity... could be wrong but im sure tat they will onl breed in fast flowing streems in the wild

reports have been writen of kuhliis breeding in tanks, but no one knows how o trigger this, its always happened by accident.
my black kuhliis are always out in the day, swimming around, up and down the glass corners and though plants, i dont think they ever did under the sand. they also spin around each other sometimes, i just left it and not worries as they are all fine, eating well and looking healthy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back