Kuhli Loaches Circling The Glass... Please Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PLECOS!

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I Have a 30G tank with 6 Cories, 1 rubber lip Pleco, 2 African dwarf frogs and 2 black kuhli loaches, I recently added 2 more black kuhli loaches and, the last two I added, hid for about 5 minutes then started turning circles on the front of the glass, I figured it was just from the new environment, but it has been a few days now and they are still doing it. They stop every once in a while to rest or to eat at night. But for the most part they're usually sitting against the front or side of the aquarium turning circles against the glass, Not sure what to do or why they are doing this. My water is at 0,0,10. Everyone else in the tank is happy as can be, Just the two new loaches seem Really unhappy and I can't figure out why, I even rearranged some things to add some new hides for them. Which they will use when they do try and hide but thats only for about a few minutes at a time, a few times a day. Other than that, Its Endless Circles.  PLEASE HELP. 

Can you possibly post a video? Some fish 'glass surf' when newly introduced or bored..and some just do it all the time. Khulis can be quite active and silly things so what they're doing may be normal.

Is it anything like THIS? That's a vid of mine. I hope they're alright!
smile.png

Ninjouzata said:
Can you possibly post a video? Some fish 'glass surf' when newly introduced or bored..and some just do it all the time. Khulis can be quite active and silly things so what they're doing may be normal.

Is it anything like THIS? That's a vid of mine. I hope they're alright!
smile.png

That looks EXACTLY like what mine are doing. and they do it constantly, besides a few minutes to stop and eat or to rest for a couple minutes.  Is this Normal? Was scared they are too stressed and was preparing to return the ones that are doing it. 

Yes it's normal :) I imagine it means they're comfortable in your tank.

Ninjouzata said:
Yes it's normal
smile.png
I imagine it means they're comfortable in your tank.
Well thank you for telling. I thought maybe they didn't have enough Hides or were just unhappy for some reason was actually preparing to just take the two doing it out and freeze em so i can return them. But I think they are so cute After I caught one in the net, I was really sad about potentially Freezing a possibly just stressed Loachie, Luckily as I was trying to transfer him to a plastic bag he escaped back into the tank. Took it as a sign maybe I shouldn't kill him.. Would have been devastated to read this afterwards. Thank you.

Welcome. I'm glad he escaped! I really do not recommend freezing fish. It'd be best to figure out what's wrong with them and fix it, or take them back to your LFS (alive).

If your LFS will not take them back alive then perhaps try re-homing them via a site like craigslist.

I heard freezing can be painful so in the future if you do have a fish that needs to be put down (very sick and chances are it isn't going to make it and you want to end it's suffering) then use clove oil. :)

Hope that didn't come off as rude. Say, what are you feeding them?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back