Kribensis - Comunity Or Not?

Batzman

New Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Auckland, New Zealand
Hey there, I was looking at getting a kribensis as I am starting a comunity tank. But I have herd that they get aggrssive when spawning. So i was wondering If it would be fine to have one female on its own? therefore there will be no spawning and hopefully low aggression. Will this work?
 
How big of a tank are you planning on putting the Krib in?

-FHM
 
You might be able to get away with one for that size tank, but I am not for sure how she will get along with other fish in a tank that size.\

If you do go ahead with it, it will be very sketchy.

To be on the safe side, I would probably hold off on putting a Krib in that size tank with other species fish.

I would wait until you get a bigger tank to start a community tank with Kribs.

But we will see when someone else comes on here with a little more experience than me, and see what they say.

-FHM
 
It should work just fine, what kinda fish are you keeping her with?

well at the moment all I have are 2 zebra danios, an apple snail, bristlenose and a borneo sucker. I am going to be getting tetras, gouramis etc, just those sort of community fish? haven't got a krib yet thought I would find out from people with experience
 
How long has your tank been established?

What kind of Tetras are you planning on getting?

-FHM
 
I would wait off on adding the neon tetras until your tank has been established for 6+ months.

Neon tetras need a very well established tank to live in, which is usually 6+ months old, they cannot tolerate any fluctuations in the water parameters.

-FHM
 
I would wait off on adding the neon tetras until your tank has been established for 6+ months.

Neon tetras need a very well established tank to live in, which is usually 6+ months old, they cannot tolerate any fluctuations in the water parameters.

-FHM

thanks mate, lucky I haven't bought any yet, was very tempted to the other day
 

Most reactions

Back
Top