Kribensis Breeding Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hensonc4098

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Finally managed to persuade my dad to let me get a second tank to put our breeding pair of Kribensis in so that hopefully some of the young will survive. When they bred in the community tank all of them got eaten :eek:
Anyway, got a tank on Friday! It's a 35L Elite 35 rectangular tank and I got a stand to match. I think I got a good deal though - £60 for the tank, including heater, light, filter (which I don't need as I already had one, now in buy sell & swap), thermometer, tap safe, cycle stuff to help the water mature and food. the stand was £35, all from a shop in Glasgow.
Pic of the tank:
100_0406.jpg

At the moment it doesn't have anything in it as I'm going out to get sand for it this afternoon.
The filter I am going to be using is a Fluval 1plus internal which is running in the other aquarium to 'clone' it and help it to cycle faster.
I am quite excited at being able to have a proper planted tank as our main tank has plastic plants due to having silver dollars, although I will probably need help on the planting front as I want plants that will look nice but not take over as it is only a small tank :) I really like the thin leafed java fern that I saw on eBay though. I might well order some of that tonight.
I'll keep you up to date with progress pics - could well add some more tonight if I can get the sand in and it filled up tonight.

Claire

Got sand and plants! :D Took lots of piccies :)

The sand
100_0438.jpg

The sand in with the heater
100_0443.jpg

Plants in, no water. Circle drawn in the sand is where cave will go
100_0445.jpg

Plants in, with water :)
100_0448.jpg

100_0449.jpg

Plants are an Amazon Sword (not too good a specimin but it was a pound :good:), a twisted vallis and a cabomba.
The filter is still cycling in the main tank. Does anyone know how long it has to be in there for?
I'll be ordering flame moss (I think :lol:), maybe a cave of some sort, a cleaner thingy and maybe an air pump. Do you think I'll an air pump? The filter doesn't create a lot of surface agitation however the tank is only for 2 adult fish and fry.

Claire

Most reactions

Back