Koi Carp Jumping

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ChrisP

Fishaholic
Reaction score
We have a pond outside and at the moment the koi carp keep jumping out the water daily. None of them have jumped clean out the pond as of yet so we have been lucky. Any ideas why they are doing this?

lots of splashing and things could mean spawning when i had them they used to do this when they where in the mood

regards scot :good:

If your in the UK it's too cold for spawning.
A sudden change in air pressure can cause this esp with Orph.

But if the water is getting into the 20'sC for over 20 days or so then spawning is a good option.

We have a pond outside and at the moment the koi carp keep jumping out the water daily. None of them have jumped clean out the pond as of yet so we have been lucky. Any ideas why they are doing this?

I'd recommend getting some netting to cover the tank...just in case. You can buy cheap netting in the garden centres; normally found in the soft fruit section (i.e. close to the strawberry section).

I'd recommend getting some netting to cover the tank...just in case. You can buy cheap netting in the garden centres; normally found in the soft fruit section (i.e. close to the strawberry section).

Thanks guys! I'll check the temperature and see what it says, its mainly been cold weather but we have had some warm days lately. I think the netting might be a good idea too. :)

fish jump for various reasons..not enough oxygen, something irritating skin or gills...catching flies..

but i would really get that pond covered...dont want a heron or cat taking your fish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back