Kkaannee's Juwel Rio 300 - Upgrade

KkAaNnEe

Apistogramma Macmasteri
Reaction score
Well, finally I got round to sorting out my upgrade. Got a second hand black Rio 300 from eBay

Felt like it took ages to get it all sorted, but its been up a couple weeks now and is coming together, check out the pics for progress

This is why I DONT recommend GRAVEL! Thats whats underneath!
IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

Decided to change the side of the filter

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Letting everything settle a bit, had some barbs from the previous owner, I put them in to keep my filter ticking over

IMG_0771.jpg

Finally clear, couldn't fill it up as I needed silicone to put the filter to the correct height

IMG_0775.jpg

What? no brace bar, yes I overlooked it, couldnt believe it when i found it in the bag of stuff, draining time. Then re-filled once glued in...

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

Some plants added, the background fell off aswell, it actually looks really nice in person with a clean white background, you'll have to take my word for it though

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Thats it for now, more plants are on the way, any recommendations appreciated...

Stocking is Angel, Tetras, cories, amanos and pleco atm, discus soon...

I also promise to not use my phone for future updates lol!

Looks like a good start :good: Would love to see it with the new plants in when you get them and the discus. Well done :good:

looks nice, but why arent you filling up to the top?

Cheers :good:

I just siliconed my filter yesterday, in these pics the filter was just sitting on the bottom and held in place by a rock. the filter has been raised up to the correct height now to let me fill it

Looks like a good start :good: Would love to see it with the new plants in when you get them and the discus. Well done :good:

Thanks

Yeah will update to show any changes

Looks great, :good:

Thank you :good:

You siliconed your internal filter to the glass? if thats the case how do you clean it, mine has to be romoved from the water first.
Thats the best thing about external filters, no mess inside the tank! :good:

With Juwel tanks the filter is always siliconed into place, they come with it built in.

To clean, theres two trays that you can pull out of the top of the filter to clean, not much mess really

nice looking tank, i just upgraded from a rio 180 to the 240 and wow you really dont get a sense of how big these tanks are till you see them in person it looks massive

When do you get your Discus? I think it will look great with them in there, the more i lookat this tank the more i want it lol

Awesome tank mate

Cheers mate, appreciate it

Great work fella :good:

Thank you :good:

nice looking tank, i just upgraded from a rio 180 to the 240 and wow you really dont get a sense of how big these tanks are till you see them in person it looks massive

haha i know exactly what you mean. Once I got it back home it took me like 2 days to digest it, especially as my rio 180 was sitting in the hall as a comparison lol! But now it just looks like my tank, im guessing it will eventually start looking small :hyper:

With Juwel tanks the filter is always siliconed into place, they come with it built in.

To clean, theres two trays that you can pull out of the top of the filter to clean, not much mess really

Good grief I'm so thick, I never thought of that doh!

No worries mate, we all have a lil mind blank now and then

When do you get your Discus? I think it will look great with them in there, the more i lookat this tank the more i want it lol

Well, I was suppose to be getting them today but the guy wasnt available, will probably be next week now, in a way its kinda good, as I would have been faffing around trying to get it right, considering I still have plants etc to put in and that the scape is probably gonna change a bit... thanks for your comment, I also think its a great size and shape for discus, also its a pretty crisp and clean tank so they should stand out nicely :)

Thought I would just add a quick update of the tank filled, The decor changed as I had to drain it down to 25%, so I had a play around, it wont stay like this its just for convienience atm...

FTS
IMG_0807.jpg

Side
IMG_0808.jpg

Check out the 50w heater in the corner! Mine are packing up, that is temporary.

Also, as you can never see my fish in the pics, thought I would do a stock list for those interested.

1 Platinum Angel
10 Neon tetra
3 Black neon
1 Penguin tetra
2 Peppered Cories
2 Juvenile GBRS
1 Gold/Albino Ancistrus pleco
6-7 Amano Shrimp

Most reactions

trending

Back