Kinda think it's a no but worth an ask... Bearded dragon pelletsfor shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Splreece

Reaction score
Hey all.. I have a full box of bearded dragon pellets for juveniles.. Only just bought and housed some shrimp and tetra fish.... My question as the tank is very clean., and if the food is nutritious, should or could I use the pellets... I have fish food and that in term will help the shrimp but... Could u use it to give the tank some much needed bacteria and protein and mess for the shrimp
to scavange from

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

No, I would never use any other pet food for my shrimp. Have you seen Hikari Crab Cuisine? Those pellets are super nutritious and don’t cost a lot for a package.

Shrimp are scavengers. They will eat just about anything edible they can find. The trick is, do the pellets dissolve? Or do they stay pellets. Bearded dragons aren't water critters, so some testing is in order. Put one in a cup of water and.see what it does. If it dissolves, drop one in the tank and.see what they do. If it doesn't dissolve, then you have your answer. I wouldn't think it would be much different than aquatic frog food, and shrimp go nuts for that stuff.

Shrimp are scavengers. They will eat just about anything edible they can find. The trick is, do the pellets dissolve? Or do they stay pellets. Bearded dragons aren't water critters, so some testing is in order. Put one in a cup of water and.see what it does. If it dissolves, drop one in the tank and.see what they do. If it doesn't dissolve, then you have your answer. I wouldn't think it would be much different than aquatic frog food, and shrimp go nuts for that stuff.
Yeah no dissolving... The ingredients are exactly what shrimp seem to thrive off but they're also with some smaller fish.... Will no risk it as I'm new to tropical fish so just in case... I was thinking they maybe good to dirty the environment a bit... But best not eh

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

No, I would never use any other pet food for my shrimp. Have you seen Hikari Crab Cuisine? Those pellets are super nutritious and don’t cost a lot for a package.
Ohh ill Google it.. Its more its. A new aquarium so its Had no time to get really dirty.. Just a few days to stabilise.. So am thinking of ways to get the juices flowing for the bacteria

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back