Kids Right's, Fish Rights...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It doesnt say you cant divide a 40 litre tank into two 20 litre tanks does it? It just stops people keeping fish in a container i'd consider too small to keep beer in.

:lol: I love that! One problem, breeder related again. I hatch out angel spawns in a 10 gallon, & keep them in there for 2-3 weeks. Other breeders use 5 or 2.5 gallon tanks. There are reasons for using the smaller tanks, other than consuming beer. By trying to keep idiots from doing what idiots do, you are screwing a group of people who contribute greatly to aquatics. Don't jam yourself up trying to save idiots from themselves, they will find something else stupid to do.

It doesnt say you cant divide a 40 litre tank into two 20 litre tanks does it? It just stops people keeping fish in a container i'd consider too small to keep beer in.

:lol: I love that! One problem, breeder related again. I hatch out angel spawns in a 10 gallon, & keep them in there for 2-3 weeks. Other breeders use 5 or 2.5 gallon tanks. There are reasons for using the smaller tanks, other than consuming beer. By trying to keep idiots from doing what idiots do, you are screwing a group of people who contribute greatly to aquatics. Don't jam yourself up trying to save idiots from themselves, they will find something else stupid to do.

Yeah like pass another law! :lol:

Again it falls down to one group who feel they have a monopoly on how to do something, trying to prevent someone else from doing it in a different way.

SLC

I'm 12 and my fish tanks are actually mine becaus eeach month I pay my parents some money for all the electric that my tanks use and my parents never have to spend a penny on my fish.

I'm 12 and my fish tanks are actually mine becaus eeach month I pay my parents some money for all the electric that my tanks use and my parents never have to spend a penny on my fish.

same i have to pay for my tanks, decoration and all my equipment and food and declorinator etc.. but my parents buy teh fish :/ which i think is fine there are a lot of people i dont trust around my age group :/ (under 16's) and i like the idea that you should be able to prove your knowledge if you want to buy fish for any ages not just under 16's so everyone could buy fish if they can prove they can care for them. like i know when my friends got a dog they had backround checks and were tested on all kinds of other things :S why not fish? and also wot is teh electricity bill like for your tank(s) i dont have to pay for that fortunately ;)

Admittedly, really we shouldn't need laws like this - it should be a common sense thing. However, lets face it - common sense just isn't that common, anywhere.
For all the talk of badly run pet shops, all the ones I go to, and have been to, are clearly staying in business for a reason: e.g. convenience, pricing, advice, stock held, offers, atmosphere, whatever. That reason is (sadly) not always how well they treat animals.
A shop that stays in business generally does so becuase of cashflow or profits, regardless of how they get sales. They might have very little (ethically) to say for themselves, they may well be prepared to sell any fish to any buyer, but they still make the $$ and therefore stay in business.
I'm not in any way anti-capitalist or whatever, but think of Nestle and the baby-milk scandal, or "blood diamond" scandal, or non rug-mark rugs, the list is nearly endless. The companies involved generally do as well, if not better than more "ethical" companies. Most people do want little independent shops, butchers, fishmongers, etc, to keep going, plenty of people do tut at Walmart; but they still shop at there.
Same for pet shops who are less than responsible: they continue simply because people still shop there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back