Kiba The Pup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

techen

Wolf Overlord
Reaction score
Heya guys, Bought my first dog a few days ago. Just a puppy and potty training is terrible :p

However I do love him to bits and its going to be a tough few months getting him to learn how to be a household dog :p

20140520_195909.jpg

20140519_231141.jpg

20140520_194244.jpg

Awe!! He's adorable! :D  What kind is he? Or is he a mix? :)

Awww he's adorable, Techen!! Look at his little fat tum in the 2nd picture! lol

Consistency is the key with toilet training. Every time he wakes up put him outside, every time he eats, put him outside, every time he has a nap put him outside, every time you have a cup of tea put him outside (only joking with that last one, but he'll soon associate going outside with peeing and pooing if you are prepared to put him outside a lot). You'll have a few accidents - it's only natural and if you haven't got any already get some stain and odour remover to stop him going to the same spot if he has an accident inside. Pets at Home do one and I found it invaluable and it really does work.

Hope you'll post more pictures as he grows up and when you catch him doing funny things!

Mamashack said:
Awww he's adorable, Techen!! Look at his little fat tum in the 2nd picture! lol

Consistency is the key with toilet training. Every time he wakes up put him outside, every time he eats, put him outside, every time he has a nap put him outside, every time you have a cup of tea put him outside (only joking with that last one, but he'll soon associate going outside with peeing and pooing if you are prepared to put him outside a lot). You'll have a few accidents - it's only natural and if you haven't got any already get some stain and odour remover to stop him going to the same spot if he has an accident inside. Pets at Home do one and I found it invaluable and it really does work.

Hope you'll post more pictures as he grows up and when you catch him doing funny things!
I do that a lot. Everytime he eats, drinks and so on he goes outside! Just gotta keep it up and he will get it.

What are the bottles called at pets at home?

It's called Antimicrobial stain and odour remover available in 500 ml spray bottles or larger containers you can decant into a spray bottle which is the more cost effective way to buy it. It says mildly scented (smells like baby powder to me) but it certainly does work. After blotting up any fluids with kitchen paper just spray the area generously and I used a babywipe to rub it in well.

And it stops them peeing there? What magic is this o.o

It masks the ammonia smell which maybe we fail to perceive but doggy noses are much more sensitive than ours and they can sense what we can miss. It won't stop him peeing inside but it will stop him going to the same spot all the time which is what you'll probably find he does outside eventually. (Works with poo too! lol).
Are you putting a puppy pad just inside the door and just outside his cage? Avoid putting them all over the place or he may begin to think he can go anywhere. 
They rarely soil their bedding so probably not necessary there either.
Are you crating him or has he a basket?

For cage read bed

He has a dog cage thing he sleeps in. The puppy pads dont really work that well anyway but will try the spray.

The puppy pads are just to protect your flooring really. How old is Kiba btw?

We arent sure. The people we bought him from cared more about how much money we had than the pup. Gumtree suggests hes 2 to 3 months. Whats worse is they never gave him his injections. Getting done 2mro

He's lucky he's got you looking after him now by the sound of it. The vet should be able to give you an idea how old he is.
Got loads of puppy articles if you are interested.

I am! Do share. The vet is giving him a health check. Hopefully can get him back up to full health

Thanks for the help. Will post what the vet says.

Most reactions

trending

Back