Keeping Heater On?

bam_emma

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Teesside
Well i just read on someone thread that ya shouldnt leave the heater on all the time, but i've never turned mine off.
And the temps been fine all the time and all my fish are fine and always have been!!!

I'm so confused!! :unsure:
 
heaters are on a thermostat, they will switch on and off as they need to to maintain a steady temp and whatever you have set it too.

so you leave them switched on all the time, but they turn themselves on and off. :good:

one thing to note is if the heater is turned on and is removed from water then the glass will shatter and you'll need a new heater, so if the water level drops below where the heater is when you do water changes then you should turn it off before a water change. :good:
 
heaters are on a thermostat, they will switch on and off as they need to to maintain a steady temp and whatever you have set it too.

so you leave them switched on all the time, but they turn themselves on and off. :good:

one thing to note is if the heater is turned on and is removed from water then the glass will shatter and you'll need a new heater, so if the water level drops below where the heater is when you do water changes then you should turn it off before a water change. :good:
Cheers i really worried then i thought i'd be doing it all wrong lol
 
one thing to note is if the heater is turned on and is removed from water then the glass will shatter and you'll need a new heater, ...
Been there, done that. :blush:

I also used to unplug my heater every summer because I didn't think I needed it. Then a couple years ago in the summer I left all my windows open over night while I was away and a cold front came through. When I got home I noticed the temp in my tanks had dropped dramatically. I now keep heaters plugged in year round just in case.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top