Keeping Bettas Entertained

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ElectricMayhem

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay, Skittle is REALLY bored. I watched him do laps of his heater the other day. Including figure 8's. He had a good rhythm.

Aside from his little stars he pushes around, he has a pink marble to play with. Tonight I put this ugly little floating fish I got from the pet shop for $2 into his tank. He flared at first, but now he's back to rearranging his stars. Any ideas on things to keep him entertained? Zoot's perfectly happy to just chill out and sit in his cave :p

IMG_3551.jpg

i let mine fight a mirror for a few minutes after i feed them lol. not for long though i left the mirror over night one time and the betta looked exausted! it was funny but probably stressful.

:wub: Awww how sweet. Do the stars float or what? I'd love to know.
Mystery has a play with his filter. I put some material around the outlet tube which is L shaped and it's held in place with an elastic band (originally to lessen the outlet flow). The filter itself has a sticker on it which is reflective so he likes to flare at his reflection and preen at himself, but the outlet is the funniest. He actually sticks he head into the loose bit of material and nudges it along the tube. :lol: So all you can see is his body sticking out with his face entirely hidden. Daft thing.
Curly likes to flair, alot. He flares at anything and everything. He's actually incredibly active and makes enormous nests which he then destroys so he can make another. I've not tried little toys for him but it's an idea I'll certainly try. Twilight is too worried by almost everything bless him. I think he'd like more plants to hide in really. Prickles is my old man and just likes to wind up Curly by swimming by. He rarely flares at anything these days but still makes nests. He's a good neighbour for little Twilight since he's so laid back.
Ollie lives next door to Squidge, my little blind girl so he is kept quite occupied. :lol:
But the idea of toys for Curly and probably Mystery really appeals.
P.

Mine get the mirror at least once a day as well, but they do a great job of keeping themselves entertained. Ariel likes to shove his plants around, Mephisto is constructing the world's largest bubblenest, and the unnamed new boy recently just recovered from very bad back-to-back cases of ich and finrot, but once he did, he tore his snail apart and amused himself by shoving the empty shell around.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back