Juwel Rio 180

Acara Man

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I've recently bought the above second hand for a very decent price. It's now up and running however the water seems very warm for what setting I have it on with the heater.

So this morning I turned the heater off including unplugging it and it has been off for a good 6 hours now but the water still feels very warm.

Anyone got any ideas why?
 
What temperature is the water actually at? What it feels like and what it can be sitting at in reality can be two different things.
It may be that the tank is well sealed so the warm air above the tank combined with the lighting is actually keeping the temperature fairly stable while the lights are on. Also ambient room temperature can have a big effect on the water - whatever your room temp is (especially if you have the heating on or such like) it is unlikely without a chiller that your tank temp will drop much lower than that :)
 
Hi Acara Man
I have a Juwell Rio 180 and the heater is set at 28C on the heater setting, but the temp of the tank water sits at 24/5C.
In other words the setting of the heater does not match the temp of the water.
You need to decide what temp you need your tank water at, then fiddle with the heater setting to obtain that temp.
That means that you need a seperate thermometer in the tank - I have two so that I can make sure that the tank temp stays constant.
The good news is that once you have set the heater for the temp that you want, it stays constant, and should not need changing again.

Hope that helps :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top