Juwel Rio 125 Tropical To Marine Conversion

Loving the DIY reactor mate :good:

Nice Astra aswell :D which engine is it mate? i drive a silver Astra aswell with the xpack like yours 1.9 cdti 3 door.. thinking of changing to a 5 door though.

Like the diy. Hey i got a silver Astra too (1.7 cdti 5dr)

Astra crew B-)

Mine has looked better though haha some nugget went up my back end when i was sat at a roundabout week before last. Getting repaired next Tuesday. Cant stand to look at it atm :(

lol nice to see some fellow astra owners on here. you on any of the owners forums? the engines the 1.8 sri. pretty thirsty for what it is. the close ratio 5 speed box is way too close, wish id paid a bit more and got the 6 speed. iv hardly done anything to it since i got the fish tank. thats where the spare cash goes now :). i wanted the 3 door originally but the wife said it looks like its got a fat #16##### so we ended up with a 5 door and im so glad we did with the kids.

lol nice to see some fellow astra owners on here. you on any of the owners forums? the engines the 1.8 sri. pretty thirsty for what it is. the close ratio 5 speed box is way too close, wish id paid a bit more and got the 6 speed. iv hardly done anything to it since i got the fish tank. thats where the spare cash goes now :). i wanted the 3 door originally but the wife said it looks like its got a fat #16##### so we ended up with a 5 door and im so glad we did with the kids.

Yeah i'm also thinking of the 5 door now because me and the mrs are planning for our first baby at the moment. I test drove the 1.8 and didn't think it was very good really and the fuel consumption topped it for me so went for the 1.9 cdti 6 speed. Mpg is immense for a biggish engine and i get around 39mpg. I went to wembley and back on half a tank from Bolton so was around 500 mile trip. Love how it can go aswell when needed :lol: knocks you back in your seat once the turbo kicks in when you put your foot down :lol: As for looks the 3 door wins over the 5 by a clear mile IMO the 5 door back end is to short and stumpy IMO but is still very nice for a 5 door. Decisions decision haha. Not on any of the astra forums .. is there any you would suggest mate? will get a pic up of the car once it is repaired next week :)

yeah the diesels are well quick. 300 quid will get you another 50bhp and better fuel economy too. well worth it. wish id got one now. mines done 33mpg average since i got it. the wife drives it most of the time so that helps a lot with consumption.

i use this site mainly (http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb) nice and friendly with loads of techies on there to help with any problems you might have. not had any yet.... fingers crossed

yeah the diesels are well quick. 300 quid will get you another 50bhp and better fuel economy too. well worth it. wish id got one now. mines done 33mpg average since i got it. the wife drives it most of the time so that helps a lot with consumption.

i use this site mainly (http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb) nice and friendly with loads of techies on there to help with any problems you might have. not had any yet.... fingers crossed
Duno what mine does, drinks diesel like no tommorrow. But aint half quick.

Oh heck as like, I bet you felt sick when you saw the Nem? I wouldnt mind betting he will just split though :good:

Seffie x

yeah was a bit gutted. it looked like it was gonna split at one point but its just sulking under a rock now.

the clowns have took to the toadstool but its kinda sulking atm so ill get some pics up when its back to normal.

hi danny lovin the journal

ive got the same tank as you an its my frist,
i want a sump an wouldnt mind making oone like yours,

im in the proocess of getting all da equipment togeter,
an wound like some advice on sump size an skimmer?

how hard do you think it wound be for a new salty to make an manage a setup like yours?

its a good starter tank. pets at home sell a clearseal tank that fits perfectly in the cabinet for £20. the separators (baffles) were made from an old storage box and i think i picked up the 1200lph return pump for around a tenner. pushfit pipework was around £7 from screwfix. the light is an arcpod that i think i got for a tenner too as it was an undamaged return. theyr around £30 full price but theres other lighting you can use. definitely worth fitting a sump. theres so much you can put in it.

I just fitted a carbon reactor to the phosphate/nitrate reactor so think im gonna take the skimmer out now.

Managing the tank is pretty easy as long as you have plenty of cuc, maintain your water changes and dont have too many fish in there. Try not to rush things too. I neglected mine a little while we were renovating the house and suffered a cyano outbreak thats took a couple of months to get rid of.

Well sadly the nem didnt make it :( thought it was gonna pull through but it wouldnt eat. think its stomach was damaged. noticed it started turning inside out saturday morning so i done a water change and put it in the hospital tank but it was dead by sunday.

On a more positive note the clowns have started hosting the toadstool :D
P6240004.jpg

P6240005.jpg

P6220328.jpg

P6240003.jpg

got a couple of acro frags for £5 each the other day. does anyone know what they are? the one on the right glows red under the blues and looks like its growing pretty fast.
P6170300.jpg

got this decent close up of the sexy shrimp on its rare venture away from the torch, its took a liking to it since the nem was damaged.
P6040267.jpg

had another rescape too
P6240007.jpg

P6170307.jpg

Sorry about your nem. I briefly considered getting one, especially since a Condy is so very lovely, especially after my tank matured, but based on what I've read, I personally think my tank is too small to sustain one in the long term.

Are you going to replace it?

Liz

no i dont think so, dont want to risk it stinging the other corals while it finds a place its happy with. it was doing really well until it got damaged.

Most reactions

Back