Juwel lido 200 lighting

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CraigDalton

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a juwel lido 200 tank and it comes with the standard lighting. The problem is is that it is very bright so at night time it's far too bright. I am wondering if there is a light unit I can buy that has some sort of switch to dim the light or even turn it to the blue nightlight so that I can still see the fish at night without having to turn the aquarium light completely off.

Thanks

Do you mean you want the light on all night or just in the evening so you can see them?

Fish need a period of several hours total darkness in 24 so the lights should not be on all night. The lights should be on at the same time of day for the same number of hours every day - a timer is useful for this.
And the room should be lit (daylight or electric light) for half an hour before the tank lights turn on and half an hour after the tank lights turn off. Fish have no eye lids to protect against sudden bright light and their eyes take longer to adjust to bright light or darkness.

Now to the lights. Juwel make different types of LED. Mulitlux tubes are not dimmable; Helialux tubes are dimmable - they make a controller to do this. Multilux are the standard tubes. But even wth dimmable lights, they should be switched off ay night to give the fish their hours of darkness.

Most reactions

trending

Back