Juwel Internal Filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

shooter tom

Reaction score
im thinking of buying a juwel 180l aquarium but have heard the internal filters arnt to good is it worth me buying one seperate or will it do the job?

thanks

Depends what kind of fish your keeping mate, general community fish will be fine with it but you can never have too much filtration if you wanted to add an external aswell!

Ive got a Juwel vision 180 tank with the built-in filter. It seems to be doing a good job of keeping the tank clean and water tests are as they should be. Did have a problem with the water pump at first - the impeller kept stopping and coming loose but it turned out that there was air stuck inside when I was putting it back in. They are also very quiet which was suprising. I bought it second hand and it came with a Fluval 304 external so might hook that up just incase the Juwel does stop working. I have read that the built-in filter's are easily enough for a standard community tank.

ive got a 300 and its home to an oscar, the juwel filter is in use all alone and have never had any problems at all with water quality or filter function, id love a TTfilter on it but cant justify it as this one does such a good job :/

on the other hand i have a smaller juwel filter that i cant get to work, would have been fab in the new 180 i just got too :/

the jewel filter in my tank worked well for me the low flow rate and massive bio and mechanical filtration was ideal for my water logged jungle theme but when removing the sponge filters the whole tank turned into pea soup.
they are good but take up a good chunk of tank space.

When i 1st started keeping fish i thought the same as you after reading what most people said some things are just hyped there brilliant filters never had a problem with mine after 7months runs very quiet aswell

I'm surprised that Ilikefishes and MrWhite say the Juwel filters are quiet. When I got my Rio 125, I was quite prepared to use the built in filter, but it was so noisy! I even bought a replacement pump for it after the shop said there was nothing wrong with the first one, but that was just as bad. My husband threatened to make me turn it off while he listened to his music, and when we were in bed in the room above the tank it sounded like someone running an ancient diesel car right outside the window. We put up with it for a couple of weeks, then I took it out.
I know from filters in my other tanks that they can be noisy if they are not seated properly or have air trapped, but nothing I could do would get rid of that loud hum.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back