Juwel Day Light And Warm Light Tubes

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

craftycarper52

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have just fitted new tubes on a 2nd hand lido i purchased. i bought the warm light (pink) tube and the day light tube (white) from juwel. problem is they make the whole tank look very very yellow, which i hate! i just prefer more of a white light. to achieve this should i just replace the juwel warm light for another day light tube? ps tank isnt planted. will attach a pic in a mo

i have just fitted new tubes on a 2nd hand lido i purchased. i bought the warm light (pink) tube and the day light tube (white) from juwel. problem is they make the whole tank look very very yellow, which i hate! i just prefer more of a white light. to achieve this should i just replace the juwel warm light for another day light tube? ps tank isnt planted. will attach a pic in a mo
buy a 6500k tube with a 85+% CRI rating

camera wont pic up the colour properly! :grr: when it comes to tank lights i prefer fish that are white to look white, yellow to look yellow etc.

where can i pick one of those up? ive never seen tubes with a percentage rating

camera wont pic up the colour properly! :grr: when it comes to tank lights i prefer fish that are white to look white, yellow to look yellow etc.

where can i pick one of those up? ive never seen tubes with a percentage rating
link

ive had a look at this site before. theres sooooooooooo many to choose from. would you be so kind to point one out to me to achieve the look im after. needs to be 18 inch T8

They do one called a high-lite I think, that is a blue colour. I have one of those in with one of the other 2 you just mentioned (think it's day) and that creates a fairly white light throughout the tank. These are T5 lamps, but I'm looking to change this to T8

Most reactions

Back