Juwel 180 Vision - Planted

Rodders

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
787
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Location
England
Been a few years since having fish, but just had to get back into it.
 
So I bought a second hand Juwel 180 Vision. I have a couple of Aquamanta EFX200 external filters, one running with a UV steriliser and one running an external heater. I've upgraded to T5 lights as well. The old T8's needed replacing anyway, but as I was intending a planted tank, T5's were the way to go.
 
Substrate is aquarium plant soil (1-2" deep) with sand over the top
 
For plant food I'm using a TNC complete feed and their TNC liquid carbon, dosed accordingly. 
 
Its been going for about 2 weeks now with plants.
 
I have strip light blue LED's for moon lights, ill get some pics later when they come on.
 
A neighbour didn't want his fish any more (3 gouramis) so I added those along with his substrate in tights and his filter. I have removed these now, but I think its a little too early. Nitrite has raised to 0.25ppm and nitrates are around 40ppm. Ammonia I can detect a very small amount, but not enough colour change to reach the first ppm reading.
 
I'm doing some extra water changes, but wishing I left the mature tank media in longer. I've never cycled with another tanks media and thought 1 week would be enough.
 
Anyway, here are some pics, excuse the light from windows, I shut all the curtains, but it wasn't enough.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05979 - Copy.webp
    DSC05979 - Copy.webp
    94.5 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC05980 - Copy.webp
    DSC05980 - Copy.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC05981 - Copy.webp
    DSC05981 - Copy.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC05982 - Copy.webp
    DSC05982 - Copy.webp
    102.3 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC05983 - Copy.webp
    DSC05983 - Copy.webp
    86 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC05984 - Copy.webp
    DSC05984 - Copy.webp
    103 KB · Views: 246
great tank, juwel rio are my favorite of the branch 
 
Cheers guys, just took some moonlight photos, but they came out rubbish. 
 
I never realise when I change camera mode and forget to put it back, lol.
 
Will take some more tomorrow.
 
Ok, took some moonlight photos tonight
 
 
 

Attachments

  • DSC05995.webp
    DSC05995.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC05996.webp
    DSC05996.webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC05997.webp
    DSC05997.webp
    65.3 KB · Views: 242
Update about 1 month on.
 
The tank cycled pretty fast even when I thought I took out the mature tank medium out too soon.
 
Plant growth seems to be pretty good.
 
We have added some Harlequin Rasboras (even have a little one they accidentally put in the bag and has survived so far!), neon tetras, brislte nose catfish and ottos. Unfortunately one otto died yesterday, no idea why. All water parameters are spot on.
 
I bought the original plants on line who guarantee snail free, but I also bought a few from a LFS and now I have snails! I removed one plant from the front as it started to look a bit sad for its self, but I also think it looks better now without it.
 
 
 

Attachments

  • DSC05998.webp
    DSC05998.webp
    110.9 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC05999.webp
    DSC05999.webp
    144.3 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC06000.webp
    DSC06000.webp
    148.1 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC06001.webp
    DSC06001.webp
    114.3 KB · Views: 222
Get some botia strata and your dnails will be history
 
Thanks :) hair algae is making look a little bad, but hopefully get that under control soon
 
looks minted, I just bought a secondhand juwel vision 180 too so looking for ideas. Where did you get the rock from on the right hand side?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top