Just To Finish It Off...

nadajdui

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
407
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well, I have a 5" male BN Pleco and a keyhole cichlid in my 33 gallon tank thus far. Tank dimensions are 12"W 18"T 36"L. It has an AC 50 and an AC 70 runnng, as well as a powerhead for some added movement that the BN loves. In a few weeks when they check out 7 diamond tetras are going to be going in there.
I do not believe that these 9 fish are too much for the tank at all.
I'm not greedy by any standards, I just want some opinions on whether it would be good like that, with just the 9, or if a few more fish could work. I think it will look awesome with the diamond tetras in there..so many some more of those?
 
I think you might be able to do a few bottom dwellers like cories or loaches but not too many. Not sure how the Keyhole will take up with the other fish though.
 
Agreed. 2-3 Peacock eels may be streching it, but I'd strongly recommend if you have proper ways of getting bloodworm to the bottom of the tank and proper hiding.

If not, go khuli loaches/corries.
 
I seriously recomend not to get fish stocking info on forum websites. Most people just give you an "educated" guess, or thier oppinion.

-Jess
 
Forum websites are the best and worst places to get advice. You just have to decide who has the best advice to follow.
 
id say yes you can fit more fish in your tank. i have never kept keyholes but there ment to be peaceful, and as you only have one there is no chance of it spawning-and protecting its young.

see how the keyhole is with the diamond tetras then you will have an idea how it is with smaller fish.

not sure what an ac50/70 is but it sounds like you have good filteration so you could get, as already suggested some smallish corys, mabie some livebearers of your choice, some rainbowfish? or another group of tetras, eg neons. dwarf gouramis are very nice mabie think about them.
 
I basically have enough filtration on my tank right now for an average 50-65 gallon tank. So it is definitely over filtered.
I haven't had a lot of lucky with cories, which is too bad because I really like them.
As for the keyhole, he does well with the pleco, but yeah, I think it's a good idea to wait and see how he does with the diamond tetras before deciding.
 
I think that taking a wait and see approach with the diamond tetras is a good idea. See how it does with smaller fish. I also think you have some room left. Some faster top-dwellers might work out as they will not be competing for the same space as the keyhole. Perhaps danios? Pencilfish and hatchets if you want to keep a South American theme. Good luck with the diamond tetras. I saw some earlier this week and they are quite beautiful after they have settled in and matured.





I seriously recomend not to get fish stocking info on forum websites. Most people just give you an "educated" guess, or thier oppinion.

-Jess

Where do you suggest the best place to get stocking information is then?

And what's wrong with an "educated" guess or opinion?
 
yeah, hatchets might be the way to go. I keep eyeing them when I goto my lfs hehehehe. Griz, have you ever had them?
 
hmmm, female betta? endlers livebearer? more tetras? if you take the risk, a blood parrot cichlid is sometimes OK in a community tank.
 
I don't really like parrot cichlids, so...I'm still not sure. Should be interesting to see hat I end up getting, though, if anything.
Thanks for the suggestions. :)
 
If you can swallow the price tag, a group of around 5 Nannostomus sp. 'coral red' would be really nice. I have access to some and am struggling with the decision. 5 would cost me over $60 which actually isn't too bad a price for them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top