Just Saved A Baby Pike

Thanks Amerce thats him, so he's a xingu I, and good info too:good:
i might keep him abit longer as he's quite cute at the moment and feel responsable for him, but first sign of trouble i might be banging on your door CFC with a fish in a bag lol :fish: (i'd love to see your zoo)
I've just read that pvc pipes are good for them to hide in and helps with aggression so gona give him one to play with.
He was in a tank with 2 rainbow fish, had a fat tummy when i got him so he could have had other tankmates but ate them oooh
What do these guys like to eat?
regards Angel
 
It should readily take things like earthworms and frozen whitebait or lance fish, though you might have to break them in half and just give him the tail at first, your polli's will enjoy them too. Once its feeding confidently you can add a bit more variety like mussels and prawns and maybe even Cichlid pellets.
 
I would go with C xingu1 too.... shame I thought I might have found another xingu2 there for a minute, oh well :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Any "meaty" foods are OK.

When small (les that 8") they are prety OK after that they can get very aggressive, my X2 is now 12-13" & had to be moved for attacking my motoro rays (18"+)
 
mike os wow if they take on a stingray i know there's trouble ahead lol, good to see another Discus fanatic that has time for other fish, alot of Discus keepers don't have the time or tankspace for anything else but loads of little discus, i am always trying to choose bettween do i get another discus or something different and it pains me.
I seem to have cichlid fever where i want a tank for every type, after my CA tank i want a apisto tank for the little guys, luckily electric bills are keeping are keeping me grounded :grr: or there would be no stopping me lol. I am presently only using lights on my planted discus tank, all others only get turned on when i have visitors and want to show off lol.
regards Angel
 
about right LOL


about 18months ago I realised I was over run with discus & had actually set up the fish house to keep something else as well.... so started making changes.

Others are mainly cory's, (13 species in breeding groups atm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) a group of brochis splendens (ditto) pair of motoro rays, a group of Etroplus canarensis that I am having no luck even getting to look look breeding ( anyone got any ideas?) couple of pairs of kribs that I was given & keep cos i just like them...although they will have to go soon as I fancy some apisto's ...

Discus are a bit down at the moment, all I have are "leftovers" from earlier breeding and a couple of old pairs, but looking to get some new fish at Duisberg next month to kick start things again.... Also need to prep some for the UK Discus Club Show in October. ..... details here UK Discus Show

She attacks the rays & nips the disk margin.... so out into a tank by herself now, the rays are far too expensive to allow that kind of crap/.
 
Same with my Etroplus canarensis, but think they are too young, gona give them 6mths of power feeding and then try them with low aggitated softer water and higher temps in a tank on their own, good luck with yours.
regards Angel
 
perhaps a new thread needed?

mine are in ph6.8, tds about 200ms, turnover 4-6x, fed a variety of dry & frozen, nothing specific, but thing more plant mater might help. also removing the brochis & converting to a species tank?

more interested in breeding than a compo tbh :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top