Just Joined

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Jazz_UK

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought I best do this before I forget.

A little about myself, I come from Scotland, UK and have kept fish for as long as I can remember (my father was had tropical and coldwater fish).

I have had a 4ft tank set-up with the usual comminity fish for around 5 years; recently had Gouramis, Harliquins, Clown Loaches, Plecos & some Silver Sharks . Last week a leak appeared in the silicon half way down one of the sides. :(

My carpet & everything nearby got soaked. Got a tank from my attic but lost a number of fish due to stress and it being a much smaller tank :sad:

So I thought I would go oneline and look for a replacement cabinet, tank and hood and found this forum in my search.

Looking forward to sharing in the ups and downs of fishkeeping!

I will keep you posted in my search for a new tank.

At least I have the opportunity to right some wrongs from my last tank (underwater filter, poor lighting etc).

Jazz_UK

Welcome to our fourm Jazz UK,

good luck in your new tank hunting. I am going through the same process right now. I have a very old (20+ years) acrilyc tank and it looks like cr@p. hopefully you will enjoy this forum as much as the rest of us do

Welcome Jazz_UK...bummer about the leak, hope you get it sorted Ok....sounds like an oportunity to buy a bigger tank or maybe a couple more :p :D...keep us updated.

Hi Jazz!

What a sad story... I always worry about such things. It seems to me from past experience that the more you keep an aquarium dry, the sooner the silicone rots (or whatever other adhesive they used).
That's what my last one did.

Welcome to the boards! I just bought a 33 gallon (125L) aquarium, and today got some new fishes for it :D I was involved in fishkeeping as a youth, but got out of it for several years and am refuelling the addiction once more. This time, I think I'm going to go broke! LOL

Most reactions

Back