Just Checking.....

ghent_3rd

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
836
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester, England
Having read the pinned thread on sand can someone please confirm to me that standard silver sand as oppose to play sand is also OK to be used in tanks??

Play sand seems to be a little difficult to get hold of at this time of year and was hoping I was not going to have to splash out a load of cash on aquarium sand.
 
Yes silver sand is fine. Toysrys as mentioned sell playsand, argos also and alot of garden centres.
 
Having read the pinned thread on sand can someone please confirm to me that standard silver sand as oppose to play sand is also OK to be used in tanks??

Play sand seems to be a little difficult to get hold of at this time of year and was hoping I was not going to have to splash out a load of cash on aquarium sand.


There is a toys r us in Leicester, I read that their playsand is good for Aquariums. It may be worth a look. Also the Leicester Argos have 30kg in stock.
 
I tried Toys r Us today but out of stock. I'll give Argos a whirl tomorrow but failing that B&Q and some silver sand looks like the future!!
 
:hyper: SORTED!!!

2 bags of play sand from argos, totalling 30 kg, costing a massive £4.50!!! :lol:

Better than 25 kg @ £15.00.

Thanks for the help guys!!! :good:
 
Silver sand can often be quite sharp and wouldn't really be ideal if you planned on having bottom dwelling fish such as corys as their barbel are rather sensitive and can be worn down or even off completely. I used to use silver sand for my gerbils and degus.
 
Thanks for the advice Kia, I have the play sand ordered now so will be setting up with that anyway. This frum is awesome for all the top people giving advice.

If Carlsberg did fish forums..............THIS WOULD BE IT!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top