Just Brought Home A New Tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bwilbur93

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and have a question. I just purchased a new 75 gallon aquarium and i just got it home and un-packaged it and noticed a few rather large scratches in the bottom of the aquarium. So my question is are they just cosmetic or are they something that could affect the structural integrity of the tank? I would post a picture of the scratches but it's rather hard to do so. But the scratches are past being able to feel only with your finger nail i can feel them with my finger tip perfectly. I can take it back but it's just a far drive for me to take it back but I just want your guys opinion just a waste gas and take it back and not risk it? Or is it nothing to be afraid of and its just cosmetic?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! I would not risk 75 gallons of water, fish, gravel etc. ending up on my living room carpet. We're talking about 626-750 pounds of just the water! I would take it back. You paid for a new tank, it should be perfect. I couldn't trust a tank like that. It could fail at any time in my opinion. Check the new one at the store. You just made me reach over and feel the bottom of my tank! :rofl:

If you bought a brand new aquarium and it is already cracking, you need to return it! Sorry about the drive, but it will be worth getting a tank that won't dump everything on the floor!

And I'd think the store should give you some extra credit for having to make the drive. Like free plants or sand!
w00t.gif

Why "or", why not "and"? :lol:

Or better still a voucher for £$'x' worth of fishes. :good:

On a serious note, I would definitely be taking it back if there's a scratch you can feel with your finger tip.

Take it back my first big tank was a 60 gallon and one whole side just busted out at like 3am and onto carpet lets just say it wasnt pretty, i was lucky to have a 29 gallon close by to put them all in! But man it was a bad night! take it back man! I would deff see if you could get some kind of credit as well!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back