Just Bought My Plants!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Joshwainwright

I take my fish for walks
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Finally, I have bought my plants after my everlasting cycle seems to be coming to an end. Unfortunately, I have had to spend £20 more than I initially wanted due to the website chancing their special offer details.

Anyway, I have bought:
  • 50g Potassium Sorbate
  • 250g Trace Elements
  • 50g Ascorbic Acid
  • Magnesium Sulphate 250g
  • Potassium Phosphate 250g
  • Potassium Nitrate 500g
  • 500ml Dosing bottle
  • TFF Fertiliser mix
  • 2 Bunches of Vallisneria Spiralis / Jungle Val
  • 1 Bunch of Aponogeton Crispus / Ruffled sword plant
  • Vesicularia Dubyana / Java Moss - On Rock
  • 1 Bunch of Microsorum Pteropus / Java Fern
  • 2 Bunches of Echinodorous Parviflorous / Black Amazon Sword
  • 1 Bunch of Echinodorous Tenellus / pygmy chain sword
  • 1 Bunch of Echinodorous quadricostatus / Chain sword
  • 300mm Pinsettes

That lot came to a grand total of £56.65 including postage and packaging.

Fantastic!cant wait to c what it looks like when they are added. What have they changed?

Before, it was if you spend £40 you get free postage and 10% off each item so what I wanted came to about £37. Now however, it is if you spend £50 you get free postage and if you spend £60 you get 10% off so with the discounts it has cost me £56. Obviously I added a few extras like the pinsettes and the already mixed fertilizer.

Without the pinsettes, which cost £20 it would have cost £51 and with them it cost £56 because of the discounts :lol:

I would never have paid £20 for a little 30cm piece of metal.

http://www.plantedtanks.co.uk/

You can choose either potted or bunched however potted costs a little more...

i have just bought a load from plantsalive and with postage i paid £22 im a newbie and just wanted an assortment of plants and vouched for a deal they had to fill a 5 foot tank ,now ive to learn all about fertilizers and the like and looking into co2 but it all looks very pricey have you any tips to get plants that look like these in the photos from other members on here ? sorry im stealing your post

many thanks paul

Without the pinsettes, which cost £20 it would have cost £51 and with them it cost £56 because of the discounts :lol:

Yeh me neitehr :eek:, I paid £36 for 5 pieces of metal :D

If you're looking for a good set you can order them on eBay from Taiwan, great quality and great price... free postage :blink:, came in a week for me!

The photos that people post on here of their planted tanks are from tanks that are dosed with fertilizers and supplemented with CO2. Many of the members are extremely experienced an if you excuse the pun, have turned over every leaf when it comes to planted tanks. The plants I have purchase are low tech therefore they don't need much light or addition CO2, obviously they would do better with it however.

Some of the plants you have purchased may be high tech and may be moderately hard to grow, it is always best to research the plants before you buy them. :good:

Yeh me neitehr :eek:, I paid £36 for 5 pieces of metal :D

If you're looking for a good set you can order them on eBay from Taiwan, great quality and great price... free postage :blink:, came in a week for me!

I didn't or don't really want any :lol:, I just got them to put me up to £60

Oh dear, I've kinda neglected my tank - most of the plants died (Along with most of my fish) :crazy:

Going to get it cleaned tomorrow.. start again.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back