Just Bleached My Tank

tom_os

fish
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Devon, England
so just bleached my tank and everything in it

i had a 10l bucket filled with hose water and added a splash of bleach. does this sound ok?

im just worrying that i put in too much bleach

i washed everything well with hose water afterwards

does this sound ok? i have left everthing out in the sun to dry
 
Sounds exactly like what I do. I rinse with tap water, then fill & double up the dechlor. I do this with small hatching tanks all the time, once it is filled a spawn goes in.
 
ok thats relieving

i will let everything dry then fill up and move my saved fish in.

thanks
 
No worries, I use a lot of bleach when cleaning tanks, plants, and rocks and have never had a problem. When I worked at a fish store bleach was invaluable, we used it for everything. Just double up the dechlor as Tolak suggested.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top