Jumping Back In The Game With Both Feet!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RicanDani

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all, thought I'd introduce myself as I start researching my next setup :)

I'm Erica, mom to one fabulous 8yo, two elderly cats and currently three fish (daughter's betta and two "free" large plecos). I had a decent little community tank years ago before my daughter was born, and grew up with a 30gal in our house, but it's been almost a decade since I had a serious fish habit. Then last winter the MiniMe decided she wanted a betta, and so things began...

Currently I have a 5.5 for the betta, and the plecos are in a temporary 10gal while I set up larger accommodations for them (they are roughly 4" and 6-7" yes I know it's too small, I'm working on it) I also have a new 20H, and my old 37H out that's been gathering dust in my basement. These two are the ones I'm working on outfitting to stock with some as yet undetermined freshwater species. But as many of you know, they're like potato chips, you can't have just one!

I look forward to seeing your setups and learning what's new in the world of aquatics!

Welcome! Can't wait to see what you have in store!

I'm trying to avoid SQUIRREL syndrome (ADHD, gotta love it), but I found a Fluval U4 at the chain store for SUPER cheap that would be ideal for my 37, and I've been scouring craigslist for a 55gal as well. I'm hopeless ;)

What are the pleco species?  

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I'll try to get better pics so maybe you folks can help me with that...

This is the big guy, I made him mad with all the flash photos lol rsz_1025151912-1.jpg

Looks like a Colombian pleco to me. Pretty close to the one that I have. 

The "little" guy is harder to photograph, he's taken up residence in the middle of the decor. I don't notice much difference in the coloration tho. They were an impulse acquisition. The former owner had them in a 20H with two huge ourandas and a significant algae bloom; the goldfish died and she hadn't decided what to do with these guys. She had them at her office and has a 55g at home that would have accommodated them, but it was a 40mi trip. She offered them to me (so she could drain and clean the tank to start fresh) and I brought them home in a 1gal bowl. As grateful as I am for the nudge to get back into it, I'm somewhat regretting the decision to take them on.

Did I see the word 'Squirrel'?? Hahaha..

Hope to see photos!

This is my betta, just chilling on the anubias in his 5gal.rsz_1102151311-1.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back